Discuss Immersion Heater problem. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Danger high voltage mr moderator CHK
I have just connected up a large immersion heater. A plumber installed this on a house refurb. ( who the owner can't get hold of right now)

The immersion is controlled by a horstmann eco7 with a boost (top element) and economy 7 timer(bottom element)

At first the home owners couldn't get any hot water whilst using the boost, it got slightly warm but nowhere near enough. Anyway I contacted manufacturer and they told me to turn the thermostat on immersion up to 4. This worked fine and the water was very hot. I've also set it to work on Eco 7 tonight.

Anyhow just had a phone all from homeowner saying the immersion was leaking from a pipe and making a hissing sound. The customer describes the leaking from a plastic black joint which is open at the front and back. Is this some sort of regulator??

any ideas why it's leaking from said place? Immersion is brand new.

Sometimes we need to say "You weren't to know. Don't do it again."

The perils of G3 aren't as widely publicised as gas or electrics .

croppies being far too nice tonight, somebody get him called out :) I have his mobile no if you need it :smartass2:

Bug.er, he has my mobile number as well, when I think about it :(

Last edited by a moderator:
33kv and you need to insulate the insulators 11kv triplex cable vaporised the teeth on a 600bucket on a 330! That's about 50mm thick hardened steel gone in a nano second

Last edited by a moderator:
33kv and you need to insulate the insulators 11kv triplex cable vaporised the teeth on a 600bucket on a 330! That's about 50mm thick hardened steel gone in a nano second

bet there was a lot of vapour in the 330 cab :)

Was an angry driver as banks man was having a chat. Was when I worked for Jarvis, I was asleep in office recovering from hangover, when section manager came in..... I thought it was a wind up and told him to F off. As I was asleep.

Thankfully I had done all correctly and safe systems of work were in place.

During investigation ( Jarvis always did) turns our banks mans CSCS exams highlighted that he needed further training on avoidance of below ground services..... Couldn't have written it.

Just a quick update:

I've been to property and identified that I have wired the Immersion correctly.
It is a direct unvented cylinder. So wiring is correct.

however the plumber has told the customer that it "should" be leaking from the tundish. He's not stupid and realises this is not true.

I've told him that the guy needs to be a G3 qualified plumber and should provide him with some sort of certification to prove it has been installed competently. I'm not normally one for putting people in the crap but this time I've had no choice as I've only done my job and I don't want any come backs on myself.

the circuit is isolated and will be until he can prove it is working correctly.

cheers Sparky88

Poorly calibrated TPRV ? I think they are supposed to open at high 90's but I had one on a UV Gold unvented a while ago that starting lifting around 68. Made by Reliance Water. Never known anything be faulty from them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Immersion Heater problem. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock