Currently reading:
Ideal Mini HE C24 won't ingnite - Brrrrr!

Discuss Ideal Mini HE C24 won't ingnite - Brrrrr! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Morning all,

This is my first post and I confess I did not even know about checking boiler pressure until yesterday, so any help would be much appreciated.

So, my Ideal Mini HE C24 boiler stopped working last night. The lock out light is red. There is a click, a blue spark of light behind its window but nothing ignites, just a hum for a while.

I tried resetting a couple of times.

I noticed the pressure was down to zero so I have topped it up to 1.5 but the same problem.

I think I have now put it in service mode and light 1 and 3 flash with a solid number 2. I think this means “Lack of burner ignition (no ignition signal from the full sequence ignition device)."

boiler.jpg

A few questions please. Can I fix this myself? Will an expert be able to fix it? If so will it be pricey? Do I have to somewhere find money to get a new boiler as this one is too old to bother?

Thanks for all advice.

Approx £170 for the part and around £100 for the labour so around £270 all in. Of course different companies may add a call out charge and have different rates, location dependant. But it still should be well within your £500 limit. Insurance companies will do anything to get out of paying up. I would fight this one if I were you.

Reply to Ideal Mini HE C24 won't ingnite - Brrrrr! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock