Discuss Ideal Mini HE C24 won't ingnite - Brrrrr! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Morning all,

This is my first post and I confess I did not even know about checking boiler pressure until yesterday, so any help would be much appreciated.

So, my Ideal Mini HE C24 boiler stopped working last night. The lock out light is red. There is a click, a blue spark of light behind its window but nothing ignites, just a hum for a while.

I tried resetting a couple of times.

I noticed the pressure was down to zero so I have topped it up to 1.5 but the same problem.

I think I have now put it in service mode and light 1 and 3 flash with a solid number 2. I think this means “Lack of burner ignition (no ignition signal from the full sequence ignition device)."

boiler.jpg

A few questions please. Can I fix this myself? Will an expert be able to fix it? If so will it be pricey? Do I have to somewhere find money to get a new boiler as this one is too old to bother?

Thanks for all advice.

Can I fix this myself?

No. Please put the cover back on before you harm yourself or your boiler.

Will an expert be able to fix it?

Yes. You need to get a Gas Safe Registered heating engineer to assist. If the person who normally services the boiler isn't available, I suggest finding a local independent company who've been in business a number of years based on recommendations from friends.

If so will it be pricey?

Not many repairs are less than a couple of hundred quid these days. Ideal used to do a 'fixed price repair' which was about 300 IIRC. Consult their website for the current availability and terms. Your GSR should be able to advise you whether this is an appropriate option in your case.

Do I have to somewhere find money to get a new boiler as this one is too old to bother?

Your GSR engineer will be happy to discuss the economics of repair vs replace with you when they've had a chance to inspect the system.

Last edited:
Yes, only the outer cover. I've done that much previously to fit a smart meter.

As luck would have it I discovered my house insurance includes emergency cover. Hurrah. So I should get a visit later. Thanks for input.

Reply to Ideal Mini HE C24 won't ingnite - Brrrrr! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

In our Village Hall we have a Ideal Concord CXS/SD40/H central heating boiler. This was installed new when we had an extension built and the...
Replies
Views
Hi there, I am renting at the moment. Our boiler is an Ideal System 15. Within an hour or two of moving in and turning the heat on the boiler...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
I moved into a 14 year old house a few months back and have a problem with the boiler (Ideal HE12). It was always a bit noisy (fan) but it...
Replies
Views
U
  • Question
Hi all. Our Ideal Isar combi boiler wasn't igniting, so we had a plumber come out during the week to fix it. He said it was a dirty spark...
Replies
Views
urbanrich
U
Hello, Can anybody please advise. For months now our old Ideal Mini HE C24 (combi boiler) has had pressure problems. It won't stay above 1 bar...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock