Search the forum,

Discuss Ideal Isar HE24 problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Matty7

Hi

I am gas safe registered but I mainly deal with installations and only slightly delve into the fault finding/ diagnostic field. Ive had a problem with my ideal Isar he24 combi boiler, (boiler was already in the house when we moved in 6 months ago) It was showing a fault code of flashing f-l which after much searching I narrowed down to a blocked condensate trap (a common problem judging by these forums) basically when I removed the trap the sump was full of water and once removed I realised the trap was completely blocked. I have replaced the trap and there is a nice flow through from the sump to the condensate now. All I am asking now is the boiler seems to be slightly hotter than I would usually of thought it should be with the pump very hot to touch, and there is absolutely no condensate in the sump now once it has been running for a while, but overall the boiler seems to be working fine. I just want to ask is the sump meant to be bone dry? Like I said all seems to be working fine, and when I turned the boiler off last night it was completely cool this morning, All I was thinking is, is it overheating or does this sound ok? Hope this makes sense and thanks in advance for the help.

Matt

Hi. You will have to supply your gas safe credentials to a moderator for gas advice.
It wont be given out on open forums, only the private gas safe registered forum.
Regards

Thanks Newcastle phill. I'm new to this site so will do that now, can you direct me how to do this though?

Thanks

Matt

No problem I will supply details soon and start again thanks anyway

Hi Matt welcome to the forum please get your post count up to 10 and private message gas man with your gas safe details.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Ideal Isar HE24 problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi everyone I hope you can help. We were getting some work done and our builder attached the boiler condensate pipe to the sink waste pipe. This was all then covered with dot and dab. Shown in the picture, red arrow. So the only thing visible now is a round pipe from the wall. We are yet to fit...
Replies
Views
My heating system comprises an Ideal Logic 12 boiler located downstairs and a Gledhill OV SOL cylinder located upstairs . The problem is that when the Gledhill controls for the “hot water” and “central heading” are turned on the Ideal boiler makes a constant “clicking” noise and tries to start...
Replies
Views
G
I recently had a service on my worcester bosch boiler by Warmserve supposedly reputable which is under guarantee and before the service I had no problems but straight after the service I had a leak from the boiler which when the service engineer came back told me I needed a new condensate trap...
Replies
Views
What the easiest way to find why my boiler is losing pressure. It is about 5 years old Vaillant combi boiler, we have just had 2 vertical radiator removed and refitted for decorating and now the pressure keeps dropping approx once a week. I guess a leak under the floor is possible, or trapped...
Replies
Views
[ASIDE: I did wonder if this was the best forum for this but figured as it was a boiler related issue that the gas engineers would be dealing with it as a matter of course. If I'm wrong can someone let me know and I'll shift it to a better place.] I have a condensing boiler installation...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock