Discuss Ideal Isar HE24 problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Matty7

Hi

I am gas safe registered but I mainly deal with installations and only slightly delve into the fault finding/ diagnostic field. Ive had a problem with my ideal Isar he24 combi boiler, (boiler was already in the house when we moved in 6 months ago) It was showing a fault code of flashing f-l which after much searching I narrowed down to a blocked condensate trap (a common problem judging by these forums) basically when I removed the trap the sump was full of water and once removed I realised the trap was completely blocked. I have replaced the trap and there is a nice flow through from the sump to the condensate now. All I am asking now is the boiler seems to be slightly hotter than I would usually of thought it should be with the pump very hot to touch, and there is absolutely no condensate in the sump now once it has been running for a while, but overall the boiler seems to be working fine. I just want to ask is the sump meant to be bone dry? Like I said all seems to be working fine, and when I turned the boiler off last night it was completely cool this morning, All I was thinking is, is it overheating or does this sound ok? Hope this makes sense and thanks in advance for the help.

Matt

Hi. You will have to supply your gas safe credentials to a moderator for gas advice.
It wont be given out on open forums, only the private gas safe registered forum.
Regards

Thanks Newcastle phill. I'm new to this site so will do that now, can you direct me how to do this though?

Thanks

Matt

No problem I will supply details soon and start again thanks anyway

Hi Matt welcome to the forum please get your post count up to 10 and private message gas man with your gas safe details.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Ideal Isar HE24 problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock