Search the forum,

Discuss Ideal isar he 24 boiler pressure guage vibrating in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Tombarry

Hi the dreaded isar boiler strikes again, this week It started a noisey vibration when hot wateris called for-CH is not effected
-the pressure gauge needle is vibrating quickly up and down while in use and after tap off 10 seconds it goes away returns to normal - boiler works ok, pressure is 1.2bar -1.5 whenin use, all rads are air free.

nothing like a photo or vid so -

MOV00089_WMV V9.wmv - YouTube

Last edited by a moderator:
Is the heating flow getting hot at the same time? Just wondering if the diverter is chattering?

Thanks Yes I was having a look at that it does seem be be suspect
Manual says to replace not Serviceable, just looking for price at moment

cheers

Honestly I'd be callin Ideal and qiering their response? I doubt it's an unusual fault but they are the ones better to offer you a helpful reply IMHO

Have a similar problem with another HE24 but it happens when the CH demand fires up the burner. Pressure gauge goes berserk and noise vibrates through whole system. Turning the CH temperature down from max to half seems to have solved it for now. Suspect the diverter just wonder if anyone has any ideas please?
cheers

Ok thanks Wensnight boiler packed up -L9 error code -pump knackered -2 different B/gas engineersbashed it got it turning but no go ,so new one installed and no sign of previousproblem well for now anyways -but the vibrating on your boiler may go the sameway sorry to say so be prepared it was bloody cold without it

Dam it's back -intermittant guage vibrating when hot water is called for -chage of pump didn't help

Hi Tombarry
Sorry to hear it's returned. Don't know if it will help but on mine turning down the CH temp to halfway has stopped problem for now. My plan is to limp through until spring (touch wood) and then think about a repair or ripping it out and fitting a new boiler.
keep warm

Thanks well its there one minute gone the next day tried your tip but didn't make any odds but the new pump made the ch much hotter
its wierd allmost miss the noise I think its most proberly the Deverter valve but it would be nice to know for sure the B/gas guy just took off the e/box in front and sprayed some wd40 or similar oil at the valve -worked for few hours but then buzzzzzzz...
don't want to shell out again like you hoping to limp on

Cheers :)

Ok finally it was the diverter valve and has been replaced -As the boiler is on a British gas homecare contract I couldn’t touch it
but 2 young engineers came round on different days and said nothing was wrong? Apart from the noise... so anyways they sent after a complaint a more experienced guy -checked it said straight away said it was the diverter valve and replaced it next day
During our first call out we had six B/gas engineers round one to change the pump that took 3 like the other item
there's a lot of procedure -looking on their laptop/ filling forms/ mobile phone calls to mates -didn’t fill me with confidence -So boilers working but If I ever have a choice never fit a Ideal boiler

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the update Tombarry ... It's not that unusual for the Isar diverters to cause the symptoms ... Glad you got it sorted .. Eventually :)

This is a known fault with the CP diverter valve assembly, need to replace the complete assembly (Head, Valve and Manifold/body) for the latest complete Honeywell valve/head/body assembly.

Glad you finally got it sorted Tombarry, persistence pays off in the end eh!
Thanks for the update massgsm, really helpful. I think I'll stick it out until the spring and then get it repaired under contract, but maybe its time to start saving up for a replacement.............

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Ideal isar he 24 boiler pressure guage vibrating in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock