Search the forum,

Discuss ID from installation in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

GQuigley67

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Just back from a 3 week holiday travelling around Europe and went to a Boiler service for my first job, Potterton SE boiler customer been in house 2 years first time they've had it checked, gave them the good news once I checked it out. Boiler looks at least 8 years old.

ratio 0.0125
CO 1098

air intake
o2 17%
ratio 0.006

not enough free flowing clean air and when you went out to flue it completely stunk of gas, customer also reported odd smell of gas when boiler on(tightness test passed) I see no other option but to replace boiler with plume kit to divert to a more open area, that window was into the kitchen and was openable.

image.jpgimage.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 73
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 69
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 53
flue looks like its a performa? probably vitiating like mad on that flue location

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to ID from installation in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi guys, Just looking for a bit of advice really. last week we had our carbon monoxide alarm go off upstairs. We have 2 alarms in the house, the other one (downstairs) gave a leak flow history of 17PPM So I got someone in from British Gas, he did lots of combustion and air quality checks...
Replies
Views
Had our gas Baxi Combi inspected and serviced today, as it has been every year. Gas safety cert issued and says all okay, but engineer gave what I think was very... ambiguous... advice. 12yo boiler with the following readings on the analyser printout: O2% = 4.1 CO ppm = 192 CO2% = 9.5 Ratio =...
Replies
Views
I have a Navian boiler with an iFlow air system that provides air around the house via high velocity conduit. It's just over a 1 year old property and I just moved in and found the heating suboptimal. I have had a plumber indicate the system is designed and installed incorrectly, which the...
Replies
Views
B
Context for issue: I'd like to start by saying I'd rather not read 100 "Hire a professional comments", I will do that when/if it comes to it, but I'd like to do it myself if possible. All images for system here: https://*********/a/ngPQkre Last winter the temperature switch on my boiler...
Replies
Views
Butchy10
B
Hello, I live in a two floor semi with a gravity fed conventional gas fired boiler (Potterton Kingfisher MF). The boiler is fed cold water from the loft water reservoir tank (which also feeds the cold water taps in the bathroom & the WC cistern). There is an expansion vessel attached to this...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock