Search the forum,

Discuss Icos Isar..... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

quality

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
How many are left ?
I still have around 20 + on my books still going strong
I replaced a flow thermistor on an Icos today, that I fitted 9 years ago and its the first time its failed.
I also condemned an gloworm hideaway amongst the other rubbish ive had this week

Shedloads of Icos and Isar on my patch which are still working fine!

I can only say the same, I have a few icos's and TBH think they are ok.

Oh my god that's started it

I've estimated still £1200000 worth of combi swaps left in north east thanks to staywarm and boiler svrappage

Was the boiler of choice for British/Scottish gas at it's launch so thousand upon thousand fitted. All parts available as far as I am aware so will be around for some time yet.

A guy from BG was talking about the m series to me this morning. Saying after 20,000 units they had problems, then again at 30,00 and by 40,000 units, BG withdrew their ties with Ideal. That's how pants they were.

The design spec was so that they fit in a kitchen cupboard. The vessel they fitted was too small, the pcb was replaced by ideal several times, was rubbish from the start.

It's going to be years until they've all set fire to themselves and left the customer with nothing but a melted mess on the kitchen work top. Loads on social housing, I know of several we look after that fitted nothing but isar and icos.

resurrecting this thread Ive been to 2 this week both in perfect working order (icos)

I work on them daily. I would estimate still about 800 - 1000 on patch but they are all about 13 to 14 years old now so will be replaced when they reach 15 years old.

Was the boiler of choice for British/Scottish gas at it's launch so thousand upon thousand fitted. All parts available as far as I am aware so will be around for some time yet.
I thought the PCB was no longer being produced, or am I getting confused with suprimas

Baxi Potterton would probably go under if they stopped making Suprima boards!! Must change 1 a week round here!!!

Still a few round here. The council used to fit them.
I dont mind isars. Straight forward enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Icos Isar..... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have a plumber coming tomorrow to change a cartridge on a badly dripping tap on my bathroom mixer unit. There is no separate isolating valve for this tap so I'll have to close the stopcock. I tried closing it today but it won't go absolutely 100% closed and there is still a very slight flow...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold then would get hot water most of the time. Changing the flow cartridge about 2 years ago (when I moved in) solved this problem enough to suffer it as...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Copper pipes, I think its fair to say, is not what it used to be, the copper is getting thin while the cost is going up. Meanwhile, plastic Pushfit seems to be getting better and better, cost and convenience was always better, but now the quality is to, have we reached a stage where plastic will...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock