Search the forum,

Discuss I hate E133 code... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

obseen16

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hi fellas, Got to go and look at a main combi with intermittant E133 fault, Last one i did was a baxi and they said it was a manufacturer fault and came out to sort it.... anyone had the Main combis doing this E133 fault? Apparently it runs for about an hour then the error code flashes up, im thinking faulty overheat stat may be the culprit on this one, just wondered if anyone else has come accross this fault on a Main combi?

Cheers guys

J

Check ignition and flame rectification probes, they could be bent. Check trap. Check gas valve is correctly adjusted. Check inlet working pressure.

As mentioned above .... If you want to speed up a test on the condensate then pour some water down the inner flue. I syphon a jug of water with a 'u'gauge tube, top of the boiler, one end in the jug, the other shoved into the access hole for the analyser :) You should be able to empty a ltr of water in there no problem :)

As mentioned above .... If you want to speed up a test on the condensate then pour some water down the inner flue. I syphon a jug of water with a 'u'gauge tube, top of the boiler, one end in the jug, the other shoved into the access hole for the analyser :) You should be able to empty a ltr of water in there no problem :)

Sounds like probes getting too close? If it's intermittent and works a few times on reset its probes . Should get a £1 coin between them. Works when cold, heats up, modulates to off then it won't relight? - probes most likley, then check inlet pressure (if it's a main it's probably credit meter , had a few lock up) if then still no jot check syphon, unscrew base of conny trap and empty out ?

Hi Fellas, went over there today to have a look, checked all the above mentioned, Probes - Perfect gap between them, cleaned them up with some wire wool (just incase). gas working pressure - perfect, combustion CO2% - 9% (Spot on) condensate trap - Clear, it syphoned 2 pints down the inner flue with no issues, checked thermistors and overheat stat they were fine. while i was there it locked out twice, first time was when i turned the boiler on from cold, and the second was about ten mins after that, it ignited everytime once the system was warm, im wondering if its ignition box or board, even the technical guys at main didnt know. chuffin thing.

You're co2% should be 8.7 on high and 8.4 on low. So you're a bit over there.

I actually had a strange fault yesterday on a Duo Tec, could not find the fault. I hit the gas valve with a spanner during ignition and it came to life. Must have been sticking.

You can check the resistance of the solenoid to see if it's that. Top and bottom should be 7.4 k ohms. Was there a nice big blue spark from the electrodes? Did the gas pressure drop on the inlet whist going through ignition?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to I hate E133 code... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

D
Hi all First timer here - after reading a lot of the advice present I thought it would make sense to get stuck in and throw something into the ring. I am a Landlord and Agent operating new build properties in the Nottinghamshire areas, and have what seems to be an ongoing problem with one...
Replies
Views
Aquarius
A
Hello - just wondering if anyone has any ideas why my Worcester 24i combi boiler doesn't heat the central heating water? It heats the tap water just fine but when the demand comes in from the room thermostat for the central heating to turn on - nothing happens... I've checked the demand from...
Replies
Views
Hello All- (Usual caveats apply: I am the rather unusual part-time variety of a GSRE, training self-funded and slowly trying to make my way and gain experience- mainly do inspections and safety checks etc, have been on the Baxi fault-finding course relatively recently, don't profess to know it...
Replies
Views
Hi there, I’m hoping someone can help the last 9 months of intermittent issues we’re having. We live in a large house which is heated by 2 Vaillant ecotec plus 430 system boilers. They’re wired up together so will work at the same time. They are used to supply underfloor heating downstairs...
Replies
Views
D
Hi there, I have a 25-year-old Vaillant CombiCompact 242EH which has developed a hiccup on the heating side, and was wondeirng whether anyone might have some advice - yes, I know, "Get a new boiler!" is the most likely, but it seems like such a small (and intermittent!) issue that I wonder...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock