Discuss hows work.. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Dave

Are we all doing ok for work...?..

Just seeing if you have picked up or still dropping off...

Yeah I have definately seen it improve since the news said the recession was over , I had my best month to date last month ...just hope it carries on .

totaly flat out still, I havent even had time for me holiday this year, and no signs of it slowing either.

so it is me then?.

didn't know what people was on about a recession, untill a couple of months ago.
then i thought it was school hols etc.
now, 2 jobs last week 2 this week all small repairs, and nothing yet for next week?.
its not how much i am quoting, it's mthat the phone dont ring.

where is that caustic soda?.

No mate it aint just you :( I have had one poxy job this week where a hubby broke a tap. New toilet syphon on a wc in a grotty pub :( with used needles in it, disgusting :mad:. Tomorow new stopcock, new basin taps. I feel like crying last month was ok, as was the previous.

very quiet not even quoted a bolier/heating job for 3 weeks let alone done one.i'm personally looking for a job at the minute

JPM that suprises me I thought with the colder weather it would have picked up for you. How long have you been plumbing?

eons,sole trader 7 years.gsr reg.quoting less now than ever and surving on rads/batrooms/cookers and cp12's ect.no-one seems busy with new customers near me,existing is different but from advertising not even getting calls for boiler swaps and I can offer a full 5 year gtee being a viessmann acredited installer!

Sorry to hear that dont mean to teach you to suck eggs, but have you thought of upping your local advertising. Leaflets, even driving around if your van is sign written.

I work sometimes with a gas safe guy and I get the impression priceing jobs are cutthroat margins are carp. What about re marketing yourself for reactive work where you maybe able to get higher rates. Good Luck

Had to advertise this summer for the first time in 4 years ad been in now 2 weeks,1 cooker and 4 rads,only supplying 1 rad BTW as cust can buy cheaper than me(iI would normally have walked from this job!)is all it's yielded.I do emergency callouts.Offered a job last week.Snagging Co that needed to use my qualifications/reg to become a GSR business £12 an hour!Cheeky feckers!

yer cheeky at £12 a hour hope you told em what to do. I am new to plumbing and have started with not a lot so having to advertise keep going and done let it get to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to hows work.. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Not sure what my options are here. Basically a friend of mine recommended his father in law to do our plumbing/gas work for our renovation. First...
Replies
Views
We live in a 1980s four-bedroom detached house. The time has come for new central heating. The current system is a mild revision of the original...
Replies
Views
Greetings All One Week Before Christmas, Ok got this British Gas 330+ my late mother had installed 10 years ago. Been working OK ish up till now...
Replies
Views
I recently moved into a flat with a Worcester Bosch CDi 35 Compact (or Classic System maybe?) and the thermostat on the boiler was broken (the...
Replies
Views
Good morning, I recently had an extension, new bathroom and new en-suite fitted. Prior to the works the hot water worked. Now we have moved...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock