Discuss How to stop toileting dripping constantly in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi. I was hoping someone could advice me
I’m getting a constant dripping from the part with the arrow on. Sometimes it’s faster but never stops.
Can’t work out why or how to fix it

can anyone advice please

Attachments

• 4C79E686-0740-4181-9E45-89B8CA313565.jpeg
    4C79E686-0740-4181-9E45-89B8CA313565.jpeg
    79.8 KB · Views: 27
  • 6BDA089E-3976-43E2-AE07-F90833986A2F.jpeg
    6BDA089E-3976-43E2-AE07-F90833986A2F.jpeg
    67.6 KB · Views: 28
Inlet valve not shutting off completely.

Either because inlet valve is knackered - replace diaphragm, or replace whole inlet valve.

Or because flush valve is letting by, dribbling into pan. If this happens before cistern water reaches overspill level - then replace/clean flush valve washer.

If that's the original Armitage Shanks/Ideal Standard inlet valve, they never are that good, to be frank. Yes, just replace with another inlet valve.

I like the Torbeck Ecofil ones, but I'm sure every plumber has his or her favourite, so just with the flow. ;)

Thank you. I bought one. Can’t seem to take this off. Is it a special tool of summit. Can’t take old one out

Attachments

• E521F05D-B7B2-4E5E-8FD6-2EEC04D4D7F4.jpeg
    E521F05D-B7B2-4E5E-8FD6-2EEC04D4D7F4.jpeg
    85.7 KB · Views: 23
No. Unfortunately that lavatory was designed by a special tool.

You have to remove the cistern from the pan in order to remove the inlet valve, I know it’s daft but that is design over function for you.

And then if you take the cistern off you will probably need a rather expensive Armitage Shanks doughnut washer which ain't the same as standard doughnut washers. Unless you bodge it with silicone which I would strongly recommend against.

If you aren't a plumber, it may be easier to service the existing valve and replace the diaphragm 'washer', if needed. See page 6 of link: https://fastpart-spares.co.uk/Instructions/E080601.pdf . Or call out a plumber?

Reply to How to stop toileting dripping constantly in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I fix what I can around the house myself and have fixed a few toilets but I need help with this one. This toilet keeps running and stopping...
Replies
Views
Hi, my tap is dripping. It’s not constant. Sometimes if I try that extra tighten it stops but most of time slowly dripping It’s dripping from the...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
L
My boiler is dripping hot water constantly is a brand new glow worm one. It’s leaking from the red valve, 2nd from the end of the boiler with a...
Replies
Views
I have a ROS small faucet for drinking water. The main faucet in the kitchen works find. I recently replaced the main faucet but after...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, hope all is well! I’ve fitted a compression cap on two of my shower mixer copper pipes (15mm). One of them has scratches and burring and is...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back