Search the forum,

Discuss How to repressurise Main 24HE Combi Boiler? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

JoshWebbo

Hi guys,

I have been bleeding my radiators due to a small airlock that was present and the boiler pressure has subsequently dropped down. Looking underneath, I am unsure as to how to re-pressurise, doesn't seem to have the fittings as described in the manual. I have the braided filling loop, but am unsure where this would go.

I have included a photo of the boiler underneath - I would guess that the two valves to the right would need shutting and the caps removing, braided hose screwing on, and then open the taps to refill?

I'd greatly appreciate any advice that anyone may have to point me in the right direction.

Many Thanks,
Josh

Attachments

• IMG-20161206-WA0002.jpg
    IMG-20161206-WA0002.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 22
hi Josh welcome along yes you have got it in one, do as you said and you'll be fine. 1 bar will be sufficient.

hi Josh welcome along yes you have got it in one, do as you said and you'll be fine. 1 bar will be sufficient.

Hi Steve,

I turned the valves off and opened the caps - quite a lot of water came out which I was a little concerned with but it eventually stopped. However, the braided loop pipe that was present does not fit - it doesn't screw on. I also have a flame failure now.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Josh

With caps off measure across threads of valve. (Use adjustable spanner closed on threads and measure gap in jaws.) If this measurement approx. 21mm you need flexi hose with 1/2" BSP female fitting both ends. You will also need washers.

There will be a filling loop fitted further down the pipework. Trace the pipework back. And get those caps back on and the valves opened back up.

There will be a filling loop fitted further down the pipework. Trace the pipework back. And get those caps back on and the valves opened back up.

I've put the caps back on and opened the valves back up. Looking underneath the sink, there is the following in the picture I have attached. Could this be the filling loop? Saying that it looks to be a valve for the braided lines to the taps?

Thanks,
Josh

Attachments

• IMG-20161206-WA0004.jpg
    IMG-20161206-WA0004.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 17
Last edited by a moderator:
No I wouldn't say so. What's directly under the boiler?

I have taken a few photos of directly under the boiler. There is a small removable dishwasher directly under the kitchen top, under the boiler. IMG-20161205-WA0025.jpgIMG-20161206-WA0002.jpgIMG-20161206-WA0005.jpg

Found them. All is working now

Attachments

• IMG-20161206-WA0011.jpg
    IMG-20161206-WA0011.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 16
Thanks for coming back with solution. Everyone looks below boiler. Reminder to look above.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to How to repressurise Main 24HE Combi Boiler? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

P
  • Question
Boiler is SIRIUS THREE FS 70 Potterton commercial. Situation: We are small building contractors and my labourers managed to damage the radiator...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock