Discuss How to fix outside tap in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

I have this outside tap and a while ago it stopped turning off completely. The water almost stops flowing but then it'll click and the water is back to full pressure, no matter how much you turn the tap to the off position, it just keeps spinning. As you can see from the photo, I've had to put a clamp on it to stop the water from continually flowing...
I'm wondering if I need to take the tap apart and fix something inside? What that something inside is exactly? Or do I need a whole new tap??
Any help appreciated. Thanks

Attachments

• 20220914_144357.jpg
    20220914_144357.jpg
    472.7 KB · Views: 23
Yesterday i bought an outside tap from merchants for £4.87 - it took maybe 3 minutes to exchange it. It could easily take longer than that to dismantle your tap, and it may not be repairable anyway…

Looks maybe 3/4

Reply to How to fix outside tap in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I’ve lost the pressure from the outside tap. It was working fine. I have checked the washer on the outside tap and the inside stop valve seen in...
Replies
Views
I had an outside tap fitted by a professional plumber last autumn. During the recent cold weather the feed pipe under the kitchen sink froze and...
Replies
Views
I have been trying to turn off my outside tap for winter. When I turn the valve under the kitchen sink, it fails to stop the outside tap from...
Replies
Views
C
Hi I have an outside tap that has suddenly stopped working. Tap has been taken off and there is no water flow and has not been turned off under...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Forgive my ignorance, with this basic question, but I seem to be struggling to both understand, search for, and source, the appropriate washer...
Replies
Views
Back