Discuss how do get the top off !! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

gravytrain

hi all

got to fit some tap revivers, but i cant see how to get the top off the tap
i've only looked at it but i thought i'd put a photo on in case anyone has seen these taps before
and knows exactly how to get the tops off before i go round and have a go myself

thanks in advance

tap feb 2012.jpg

Looks as though you might have to hold the red bit with plier's then twist head anti-clockwise

Pull hard and straight up, but move anything breakable from above. Try rubber gloves for a better grip.

If you are replacing spindles and new heads you could just force them off with grips

they'll want tops back on to match bath taps!

they'll want tops back on to match bath taps!
now thats the difficult part those tops are very unlikely to fit the splines on your tap converters ,it may be worth taking the valve apart,re-greasing the worm and fitting new washers but if its badly worn that wont help

These taps are part of one of the most successful bathroom suit ever,the ideal standard studio,original version

They just pull off as said,you can still order tap inner's and heads from ideal

imho

Last edited by a moderator:
problem solved thanks to puddle,do you ever forget anything puddle? good memory:crazy:

hi all

thanks for all the advice
its my last job tomorrow, with any luck it'll be nice and easy and i'll be home by 4.30 LOL

hi all

thanks for all the advice
its my last job tomorrow, with any luck it'll be nice and easy and i'll be home by 4.30 LOL

or you will rip the basin off the wall and burst the pipes and break a tile and plaster off the wall and not have any blank caps, and have to go to B&Q and cry at the prices, just to do a temp repair till 3 of you go back again tomorrow

i use a little teasing from a fat screwdriver underneath, if i remember right, the splines are vary wide (10mm)so doubt reviver will fit?.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to how do get the top off !! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
Hi, My current hot water system needs to be replaced. Anyone got any suggestions or can recommend any plumbers around Derrimut area that won't...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock