Discuss How can I remove this flush valve? in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

I've got water trickling into the pan of a toilet. The cistern water level is nowhere near the overflow pipe, so I suspect there's a faulty seal at the bottom of the flush valve (a Geberit model). However, I am unable to detach the flush unit to check. There don't seem to be any side clips to press. Also, I've tried rotating the flush unit, and it moves about 90 degrees, before jamming against the cistern walls - but I have noticed that, while the main body of the unit turns, the pedestal of which it sits remains stationary (I've tried twisting the pedestal directly, but it won't shift). I've attached some photos to clarify.

Any ideas on how to remove this unit?
pic1.jpg
pic2.jpg
pic3.jpg
pic4.jpg
pic5.jpg

The bottom part is fixed don’t try and turn this as will end up splitting the toilet to retighten it

Reply to How can I remove this flush valve? in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

i have 3 sottini toilets with a compact cistern. It has an ideal standard dual flush mechanism. 2" entry The ideal standard is poor quality in...
Replies
Views
Hi. I have a kitchen mixer tap unit with older washer type inserts which has a dripping cold side. I have a pair of replacement ceramic inserts to...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have just tried to repair a very old Mira 8 shower unit. However, when trying to remove the brass cover plate it's completely scaled up and...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi, We moved into a house a couple of years ago and inherited some "interesting" plumbing throughout. Today's problem is that the bathroom towel...
Replies
Views
Hi, new to the group and need advice with my Vitra ts823. The toilet stopped flushing and there is water constantly trickling inside it. I've...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock