Discuss How any wraps on PTFE tape on a threaded drain off valve? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Some radiator tails are taper thread though. On the parallel ones, do you recommend using a string type sealer? I suppose good old hemp and paste would work on a parallel thread well too?

Everything I’ve seen in in UK domestic plumbing and heating has been BSP parallel, some of the wiser guys in here may know better. I guess you have more NPT stuff on the US?

You can often get away with PTFE because the pressure is low. Your generally recommended to use an anaerobic thread sealant like Loctite 577. You can get an activator to speed up the cure time.

Reply to How any wraps on PTFE tape on a threaded drain off valve? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Hello Plumbers I’ve replaced a 540mm high cast iron rad with 740mm high, like for like but still a 20mm valve extension was required. All was...
Replies
Views
Firstly im fitting some basin taps, ive now got the washers. Should i use ptfe tape on the basin tap tails/extension threads? If i should how much...
Replies
Views
Most of my lockshield valves are the compression type onto the radiator tail. Have just installed a couple of the union type face to the tail...
Replies
Views
J
I have an Arteform shower valve in my bathroom - top lever for the main shower head, middle for the handheld hose and bottom is the thermostatic...
Replies
Views
Hi All This is following on from thread I made a few days ago but can't seem to find I'm in a bit of a bind with my CH design where I want to...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock