Search the forum,

Discuss Hot water temperture control? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

egg661

Hi all,can any one advise me please?

I have a back boiler with an indirect system.
There is no thermostat on the hot water tank, and the hot water is in my opinion is far to hot. I have small children and this worries me. I have turned down the boiler thermostat to 3 as well.

Is there any way of controlling the water temp better?
can i fit a thermostat to the tank and a 2 way port valve on the pipe from the boiler to the tank to shut off when the thermostat reaches the set temperture? Or will this shut off the radiaters as well.

Thanks Mark

i take it its gravity hw and pumped heating.
you can turn it in what is called a c plan.
which is to fit a cylinder stat. and a 2 port zone valve (motorised valve) into the cylinder return pipework.
then you can have control over your hw and temp.

i take it its gravity hw and pumped heating.
you can turn it in what is called a c plan.
which is to fit a cylinder stat. and a 2 port zone valve (motorised valve) into the cylinder return pipework.
then you can have control over your hw and temp.

I think so there is a pump next to the back boiler which i presume is for the CH.
the cylinder return would that be the upper of the 2 large bore (28MM?) pipes on the the tank?

When this port valve is closed the heating would be unaffected?

Thanks mark

I think so there is a pump next to the back boiler which i presume is for the CH.
the cylinder return would that be the upper of the 2 large bore (28MM?) pipes on the the tank?

When this port valve is closed the heating would be unaffected?

Thanks mark

thanks ajs heating could you confirm these points for me
regards mark

Hi all,can any one advise me please?

I have a back boiler with an indirect system.
There is no thermostat on the hot water tank, and the hot water is in my opinion is far to hot. I have small children and this worries me. I have turned down the boiler thermostat to 3 as well.

Is there any way of controlling the water temp better?
can i fit a thermostat to the tank and a 2 way port valve on the pipe from the boiler to the tank to shut off when the thermostat reaches the set temperture? Or will this shut off the radiaters as well.

Thanks Mark

lol. doesthis help ?

yes the pump is only for heating.
the 28mm pipes to the cylinder are flow/return. useally the top will be flow bottom return.
but can sometimes be other way round on gravity. you can check when the system is fully cold and then with just hw on see what one gets hot first.

this is how a c plan works/wiring.
and no it won't afect your heating just give you control over the hw temp.

Systems

yes the pump is only for heating.
the 28mm pipes to the cylinder are flow/return. useally the top will be flow bottom return.
but can sometimes be other way round on gravity. you can check when the system is fully cold and then with just hw on see what one gets hot first.

this is how a c plan works/wiring.
and no it won't afect your heating just give you control over the hw temp.

[DLMURL="http://www.ukplumbersforums.co.uk/redirector.php?url=http%3A%2F%2Fcontent.honeywell.com%2Fuk%2Fhomes%2Fsystems.htm"]Systems[/DLMURL]

Thanks AJS, I'm not a plumber obviously lol, but can tackle most things myself armed with some helpful info from people such as you cheers.
would you mind if i posed another question to you about my back boiler?

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Hot water temperture control? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock