Discuss Hot Water Cylinder Leaking in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Paulo663

After some advice please. Just installed a new indirect vented copper cylinder and I've got a small weep from the cold water in Male iron 22mm x 1. I use plumbers tape wrapping the threads approximately 10 times.
I've just ordered a 1inch fibre washer, will the washer help and should I apply a larger number of plumbers tape.
Thanks I advance Paul

Thanks for the reply, will fitting a fibre washer double the chances of success as I don't want to have to drain down the tank a second time

21 raps of ptfe for me. And a smear of paste on the olive. (Balls to the paste haters!)

Fernox LSX is also great for this. Jut put a bit on a thread before screwing in.

PS: With old rusty iron pipes/threads jointing hemp + (LSX or paint) worked better than PTFE tape.
PPS: On a threaded joints used for high hot water pressure systems one can use hemp + metal oxide primer or oil based paint.
If strugling with old threaded hemp/paint set diss assembly - apply a bit of heat by the blowtorch to soften the paint.

Fernox LSX is also great for this. Jut put a bit on a thread before screwing in.

PS: With old rusty iron pipes/threads jointing hemp + (LSX or paint) worked better than PTFE tape.
PPS: On a threaded joints used for high hot water pressure systems one can use hemp + metal oxide primer or oil based paint.
If strugling with old threaded hemp/paint set diss assembly - apply a bit of heat by the blowtorch to soften the paint.

lsx is the devils work!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Hot Water Cylinder Leaking in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back