Search the forum,

Discuss Hot air heating system. Easy to remove? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Saz8008

Hi, I have just bought a house with grilles from a hot air heating system however we also have a combi boiler and radiators so the system is now redundant and has been closed off. I want to knock down a cupboard between two bedrooms but there is a grille at the bottom of the wall each side. When we take these walls down are we going to find any piping etc which wil prevent us building a new stud wall?

Hi Saz,

My Mother had hot air heating, when that was removed just had air ducting which was cut back enough to brick and plaster.

You may find an old plenum box or a bit of ducting. Just pull it out. It will be joined with self tappers or pop rivets.

many of these systems had asbestos panels on the cupboards etc, please take care before ripping the place apart, there was also asbestos in many old appliances and flues as well

many of these systems had asbestos panels on the cupboards etc, please take care before ripping the place apart, there was also asbestos in many old appliances and flues as well

Aye, try not to breathe!

Seriously though, as Kirk says, take care in case of asbestos, at the very least use no power tools and wear respiratory and eye protection. the less dust you create, the better.

Or, although it's pricey, get an asbestos company in to give the area a once over. depends how much you value your health in the long run!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Hot air heating system. Easy to remove? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up to 1.3. I've had an engineer look inside the boiler and he can't see anything wrong. I've checked the pipes all over the house and cannot see any...
Replies
Views
P
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock