Search the forum,

Discuss horazontal flue terminating into neighbour garden in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

the_d_o_t

Gas Engineer
Hi guys
Quick one.... new single extention built at the rear of a terraced house.... installing a new combi and vertical flue is going to be difficult due to windows on the 1st floor I was going to just go out horizontal towards next door and then up with plume kit but the builder on site has just said that the building inspecter won't pass anything that goes through that wall.... its worth noting that the extention wall is set back slightly so the plume pipe would not even cross the neighbours boundary.
Am I allowed and the builder is being causious or this not allowed?

Thanks dot

Just read installation instructions , the part on flue locations , How would you like POC in your garden, you may have to relocate boiler.

You won't find that info in the MI and you haven't read the post as I said i intend to use a plume kit to direct the POC away from neighbours.

But It's ok now i contacted building control and spoke to them and they have said it is fine

I dont think ive seen an MI that doesnt provide info on flueing dimensions.
But you seem sorted so happy days

I was going to say isn't it what is the neighbour could deem a nuisance as well.

only states from a boundary wall.... but the plume kit is to be ran up and plume POC away from neighbors anyway. also the plume pipe is still on the customers side of the boundary. so the only thing there is the air intake... are the neighbours going to complain we are steeling there air? haha

building inspector said it was ok anyway now so......its getting done

thanks guys

If you've got it in writing go for it dude

The min. distance from next doors boundary is 600mm.A plume kit can not be used to get out of this situation,it is breaking the building regs,speak to gas safe,they are quite clear about this,but it,s a building regs issue not a safety issue

Have a suspicion it's going to be installed

building inspectors are normally dumb as far as the rules to pluming and flues goes, great on trench depth etc.

this is old now but relevant, http://www.a1gassafe.co.uk/pdf/TECHNICAL_BULLETIN_231.pdf and mentions a 2;5 metre separation distance to prevent plume annoyance issues. if the neighbour feels the plume is still a pain with a plume divertor, solicitors will get involved and you will get drawn into it and all the resultant hassle, it is not worth the hassle.

the builder is probably the sensible one in the picture, surely if it is a new build a bit of lateral thinking, boiler on another wall or vertical will save a great deal of pain in the long run.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to horazontal flue terminating into neighbour garden in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer are) and one of the guys there reckoned it might be "The Gap". I went to the new stockist and the guy there disagreed it was "The Gap" and that he'd...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock