Search the forum,

Discuss Highflow 400 no hot water in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Millsy 82

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
I have been to a worcester highflow 400 electronic today which has a problem with hot water. Heating works fine.

Pump starts boiler fires up runs for about 20 secs burner goes off for 20 secs and keeps going like that ( Its got to be a circulation problem) and the radiators start to get warm.

Pump is fine removed diverter all working fine but alot of muck in the system cleaned out a small tube running between DV and the return to the pump. Started looking at the plate but it looks a pig to get out ( Have to remove the flow and return manifolds) and because it was 7.00 and I didnt have any O rings thought it best to leave alone.

Is there an easier way to remove the plate from these boilers without having to remove the flow and return manifolds?

Is there any thing in the flow and return manifolds like Non return valve etc that I should check?

I am pretty certain that its the plate clogged up but could there be anything else I have over looked?

And finally can these boilers be chemically power flushed as that is what it really needs but the last engineer said you cant flush them for some reason and the woman wont listen to me when I say you can. (But I know there are a couple of boilers which didnt react well to cleaner being put in vaillant 828 I think was 1 of them as it swelled the balls in the diverters but they then changed the material of the balls)

There are filters in manifold and flow switch. Need get yourself MI's and have a good look.
Not the easiest to work on. Hate them!

They are one of the most complex boilers to work on and giving them a wide berth is one way of sorting it! However if you can't then I'd agree with GrahamM ... Find out where the filter is and check it out! Never had to take the p-hex out as I can count on one hand how many I've seen over the years! Give Worcester a call regarding flushing out but you'll be limited to the effect it'll have by sounds of it! If the custard isn't happy with your recommendations ask them to get Worcester out!! :D

Thanks both of you.

Well I went back out today armed with a bag of O rings and a plate heat ex. Tried to find the filter but couldnt so stripped the boiler to bits and found the filter which was blocked solid cleaned it put the whole boiler back together and hey presto worked brilliantly. Took just over 2 hours and now I know where it is it will only take 10 mins to clean next time (Behind the bypass pipe a 3/4 brass plug it is in there but tricky to get out).

Also spoke to worcester who said these boilers cant be power flushed as it will wreck the diverter valve.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Highflow 400 no hot water in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a Worcester 28i junior boiler that has started to lose pressure, only when using the central heating. When using hot water I have no...
Replies
Views
Hi, Later this year I am going away for a 2 week holiday and as the weather will be warm there is no need for the heating to be on and arguably...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and...
Replies
Views
S
Hi everyone, Looking for a bit of advice, recently went to a job where heating was operating when called for however not for the hot water. I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock