Discuss Hep2o - mice rodent rat damage in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Johnnie Godman

Hi,
We developed our m house 4 years ago and used literally 100s of meters of Hep piping.
We had our first leak (between ceiling and first floor causing plasterboard of ceiling and wall to come down, etc) 2 weeks ago.
Cause of leak, a mice chewing through the central heating pipe during the summer months.
Beware of using plastic piping.
Johnnie

There are loads of plastic plumbers around with no insurance or not traceable.
Sorry for you and your ceiling post where you are there are plenty of genuine decent plumbers on here

Unfortunately there are a lot of places that you are not allowd to solder because your insurance wont cover it so plastic is the only alternative. That said using copper is a dying art but if you are known to have a rodent problem then any plumber worth his salt would not use plastic.

i dont use plasitic anyway unless its in a place were its impossible to get copper never heard of not being allowed to solder as long as your carefull and have water and damp cloth about and a heat mat

in propertys where you are not allowed to solder you are better off using pressfit type fittings or brass/copper pushfit then using plastic, as most listed building tend to have a rodent problem of some sort.

I doubt it was a mouse probably movement causing chafing on a screw or nail, Never had a problem with plastic, Plastics fantastic!

i dont use plasitic anyway unless its in a place were its impossible to get copper never heard of not being allowed to solder as long as your carefull and have water and damp cloth about and a heat mat
Read your insurance policy especially the small print.

Hep say " not suitable for anywhere there are rodents ", or similar wording. I say, where do you not get mice? Even the best sealed up homes, with careful owners, can end up with a mouse. I wouldn't use plastic pipe if at all possible. Mice will chew many things, especially plastic. I am told their teeth keep growing, so they have to keep using them. Any plumber who thinks plastic pipes are safe, are deluded.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Hep2o - mice rodent rat damage in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock