Discuss Help please with designing incoming mains size. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
What electric supply has the building got?

Until 'Plumb centre' pull they're finger out and come back with the heat loss calcs/ heating load, then we can decide whether it'll need a 3 phase supply.....if thats what your meaning my friend.

Until 'Plumb centre' pull they're finger out and come back with the heat loss calcs/ heating load, then we can decide whether it'll need a 3 phase supply.....if thats what your meaning my friend.

Yes mate that is exactly what I mean. It will need 3 phase without a doubt . if there is concern over cost for a water main, tell him to get ready for the electricity supply

Yes mate that is exactly what I mean. It will need 3 phase without a doubt . if there is concern over cost for a water main, tell him to get ready for the electricity supply

I think he's sort of prepared for that........i think.

If you have a pump room, 2no 50 gallon tanks break tanks, 1" ball valve, Grundfos booster pump, here: CM, CME BOOSTER | Grundfos and ususal additional products, check valves, associated valves, etc, pipe sized accordingly.

Done this on many hotels and bespoke projects! Works every time when there is low pressure and bad flow rate.

If you have a pump room, 2no 50 gallon tanks break tanks, 1" ball valve, Grundfos booster pump, here: CM, CME BOOSTER | Grundfos and ususal additional products, check valves, associated valves, etc, pipe sized accordingly.

Done this on many hotels and bespoke projects! Works every time when there is low pressure and bad flow rate.

Thanks for that 'Cardiff plumber' from your experience, what height do the cwsc have to be above the pumps?

You would never satisfy 8 bathrooms at the same time with just the main, will always need a booster arrangement and remember the main may only be 32mm but aslong as the flow rate is enough to satisfy the break tank your ok. Also remember your not meant to be pulling more than 12l min direct from the main from the water boards point of view so sometimes when you fill out the water connection form you have to play with the figures a little.

You would never satisfy 8 bathrooms at the same time with just the main, will always need a booster arrangement and remember the main may only be 32mm but aslong as the flow rate is enough to satisfy the break tank your ok. Also remember your not meant to be pulling more than 12l min direct from the main from the water boards point of view so sometimes when you fill out the water connection form you have to play with the figures a little.

Thanks for that, i think the custard is going to have to bite the bullet and purchase a booster pump set then....on top of a new incoming main too. Ive just been looking at your pictures link. Thats some nice pipe work there my friend....well done!!!:hurray:
Is it okay if i message you for more advice if i need it? its the first time ive done a dwelling this size. The heating/ hot water i'm okay with, its the cold side i'm not so familiar with.

cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Help please with designing incoming mains size. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back