Discuss Help please its driving me mad! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any sudden stop in flow will resonate through a faulty valve. I would be ruling out each toilet fill valve one by one, do you have isolators fitted at each toilet? If so turn them all off and try to replicate the clunk. Do you have a combi or gravity hot water system?

Hi yes I have isolators at each toilet and washing machine, dishwasher and outside tap, noise is always in same place somewhere under floor or in wall. If I open a tap a little at the same time as flushing no noise? I have a ho****er tank that is my thermal store for heating, my hot water is mains pressure heated via coil as it passes through thermal store.

Turn all thE isolators off and run the cold tap on your sink, does it still happen when you turn the tap off? If not you have a faulty valve in a cistern, open one at a time and repeat running the cold tap.

Turn all thE isolators off and run the cold tap on your sink, does it still happen when you turn the tap off? If not you have a faulty valve in a cistern, open one at a time and repeat running the cold tap.

Hi I'll give that ago, it will be tomorrow now as I'm on nights but I'll report back thanks.

I've opened my stop tap fully and before isolating toilets checked cold tap full on to off no bang, so I'm thinking that rules out faulty cistern valves? If I run a tap and flush the toilet there is no bang? Shutting my stop tap helps and does get rid of the bang but the toilets take an age to fill and the water pressure is then useless.

Have you had a shock arrester fitted as suggested earlier?
Hi no not yet, I decide to go with the cheapest option first, new stop tap but that hasn't cured it.The problem has only recently started so not sure why all of a sudden I would need shock arrestor as I have lived here 14 yrs without any issues but if that's the solution then I'll fit them. The only thing is I have 3 toilets, washing machine and dishwasher that all cause this bang so that's about ÂŁ200 just for the arrestors before fitting, so I was hoping there maybe another solution.

Update I've just tried different taps in the house hot and cold and if you slam them off quickly I get the clunk this is the same with all isolaters closed or open?

The problem has only recently started so not sure why all of a sudden I would need shock arrestor as I have lived here 14 yrs without any issues.

As already said earlier up the thread, the water carrier may have upgraded the mains, fixed a leak or done other work that has improved your pressure.

As already said earlier up the thread, the water carrier may have upgraded the mains, fixed a leak or done other work that has improved your pressure.

Thanks so are you suggesting a pressure reducing valve is the answer or will that just be the same as closing my stop tap to get rid of the bang as that doesn't give me enough supply to make the shower usable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Help please its driving me mad! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Desperate for some help! Be a life saver of someone can help as suffer from a high intolerance to noise. Moved into new house 1940s (copper...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Morning everyone, if anyone could please offer advice on this issue it would help me with a massive issue regarding the water supply in my flat...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hello, I'm a homeowner, not a DIYer. I have an almost 1 year old SaniCompact Comfort wall-hung toilet which has worked flawlessly until about a...
Replies
Views
Hi sorry im a newbie, pls help if u can. I had a new bathroom installed about a yr ago and since then when i flush the toilet the room stinks of...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock