Discuss Help please its driving me mad! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi so are you saying I don't need a prv as its not going to solve the problem what I actually need is shock arrestors fitted to every appliance and toilet that causes the bang?

Usually its one outlet causing the problem not all of them, sometimes it can be a ball valve that the washer is going on

Myself mate I would start at the stopcock put a new one on there about £7 this is highly likely the culprit. My company own 18000 houses and worked on thousands of them have never fitted a shock arrest or yet!
Failing that wc fill valve or ball valve in CWSC in loft ?
Give these a try I'm sure it will resolve the issue
Good luck

I went to a customer a while back that had the exact problem, he was a bit of a diy expert and had clipped the washing machine hose under the sink unit, i pulled the hose out of the clips and the banging noise stopped instantly. Always make sure your WMhoses have plenty of space for movement.

Myself mate I would start at the stopcock put a new one on there about £7 this is highly likely the culprit. My company own 18000 houses and worked on thousands of them have never fitted a shock arrest or yet!
Failing that wc fill valve or ball valve in CWSC in loft ?
Give these a try I'm sure it will resolve the issue
Good luck

Thanks for the advice, I'm waiting for the PRV to arrive but in the meantime I'll change the stopcock, can you explain how this could be the cause, it's not leaking or seized.

Cheers.

Quick update whilst house is quiet and no water being used, I've isolated washer at ball valve and dishwasher at ball valve flushed offending toilets and I still get 1 bang as they finish filling. I've opened these ball valves back up and turned my stopcock down to where I have just enough flow to use showers and fill cisterns back up in reasonable time and the bang has gone? I'm thinking it's not advisable to leave this stopcock nearly closed so is it still pointing to a faulty stopcock that needs changing or is it a PRV I need after all? Sorry for all the questions, I will replace what ever needs to be replaced but no point in spending a fortune if there is one fix.
Thanks,
Darren.

New stop tap fitted all lines drained and filled back up.... Still got the bang?

New stop tap fitted all lines drained and filled back up.... Still got the bang?

Fitted new stop tap but still have this one clunk when each toilet stops filling the cistern, washing machine, dishwasher and pressure washer shut off. If I close the stop tap a little it stops but toilets take a while to fill and if anyone turns a tap on showers and taps upstairs turn to a dribble.

Any sudden stop in flow will resonate through a faulty valve. I would be ruling out each toilet fill valve one by one, do you have isolators fitted at each toilet? If so turn them all off and try to replicate the clunk. Do you have a combi or gravity hot water system?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Help please its driving me mad! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Desperate for some help! Be a life saver of someone can help as suffer from a high intolerance to noise. Moved into new house 1940s (copper...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Morning everyone, if anyone could please offer advice on this issue it would help me with a massive issue regarding the water supply in my flat...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hello, I'm a homeowner, not a DIYer. I have an almost 1 year old SaniCompact Comfort wall-hung toilet which has worked flawlessly until about a...
Replies
Views
Hi sorry im a newbie, pls help if u can. I had a new bathroom installed about a yr ago and since then when i flush the toilet the room stinks of...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock