Discuss HELP , boiler trips house electricity when turned on in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aint you got much exp with wiring then ?

nah, i am only mobile home gas safe, i was just winding up that guy who reported me haha.

cant beleive how sensitive these guys can be haha

nah, i am only mobile home gas safe, i was just winding up that guy who reported me haha.

cant beleive how sensitive these guys can be haha

No one reported you, friend. I saw your post and acted. If being concerned about DIY numpties. attempting to kill themselves is being sensitive then yeah we're sensitive. And we can all look ourselves in the face and sleep soundly at night.

You will not be offensive in these forums. I will not stand for it.

Tiddy Oggy Land.
South West England.

In mind of a Tiddy Oggy now. Can you still get them down there LP? Ex wife's father was from Combe Martin.
Aah...went there once, got very drunk on apple juice :)

beautiful memories guys but can anyone actually help me on my thread?

Yes, trace the short circuit. I take it you have taken the burner out of the boiler and checked electrodes etc? If you've been playing and haven't found it then bring in a competent sparks.

Yes, trace the short circuit. I take it you have taken the burner out of the boiler and checked electrodes etc? If you've been playing and haven't found it then bring in a competent sparks.

have had 2 engineers in to look at it but they can't figure it out but they didnt actually take the burner out.

a 2nd hand one has arrived today from ebay with the same output but different model, will it be straight swap for the engineer or will he shake his head at me like most spanish tradesmen haha?

The boiler could have burst inside and the water level is at the electrode level. Seen that before :) Or it could be a bit of burnt off baffle shorting the electrodes. Loads of reasons, shouldn't be too much of a hassle for somebody who knows what they are doing.

It's a case of elimination.

You can still create a demand on the system without the boiler being switched on. That could then tell you if it's something outside of the boiler. Might be a pump, motorised valve or other component.

You then need to start checking with power off all the components. You're looking for a short circuit obvioulsy. So I would put the meter onto ohms and check all the components.

You're new burner will need to be set up and checked before it can just be bolted onto the boiler. This is a job for an oil technician.

I wouldn't be advising anyone to remove anything combustion side...

Last edited:
Tiddy Oggy Land.
South West England.

In mind of a Tiddy Oggy now. Can you still get them down there LP? Ex wife's father was from Combe Martin.

best ones in Padstow Im afraid, Pack o cards failed to get any hygeine points a while back so I stopped having sunday lunch there! Best way to meet me, is buy a kids blow up dingy, a few tinnies and try rowing to Wales, seems to happen quite a bit and the dingy always seems to be punctured by the time the owners get dumped ashore:)

Last edited by a moderator:
It's a case of elimination.

You can still create a demand on the system without the boiler being switched on. That could then tell you if it's something outside of the boiler. Might be a pump, motorised valve or other component.

You then need to start checking with power off all the components. You're looking for a short circuit obvioulsy. So I would put the meter onto ohms and check all the components.

You're new burner will need to be set up and checked before it can just be bolted onto the boiler. This is a job for an oil technician.[/QUOTE

checked all that mate.

programmer on
motorized valve on
pump on
boiler on
turn stat up and bang whole house off

Sorry to sound obvious but if the stat isn't calling for heat then the house won't trip because nothing is being asked to work.

So, turning the stat up to call for heat might mean the stat is at fault, or the boiler, or the pump or the ... .etc

It's probably time to start isolating/bypassing items until you can isolate which item is causing the cut out. There's no shame in calling in some help - honest! I'd start with an electrician, unless you're competent with a multimeter.

Again I have isolated everything possible except the new fuel box and it still trips

This ain't the first time I've wondered why I bother.

I don't pretend to know all the answers and I never said it was the pump. I was just asking whether ...

Oh never mind! My post was ignored in the first place :smile:

This is just going round and round. Your'e not going to be able to fix it yourself. Nobody on here is in Spain to have a look. Get somebody in who knows what they are doing.

OMG , WHY IS EVERYONE SO TOUCHY ON HERE??? is it that time of the month or what?:cheesy:

AGAIN I am not trying to fix it myself
AGAIN circ pump and valves fine
AGAIN have been eliminating with my engineer
AND is there a rule against uk citizens who live in spain to not be members on here? not looking to employ any of you guys anyway , just after a bit of your advice like you do on forums, its not a job center.
It gets a bit clicky on here doesnt it? and not a nice atmosphere for new members.

Thankyou again to the guys i thanked, MY ENGINEER is going to stick in the 2nd hand burner, will let you know what happens.ADIOS.

This ain't the first time I've wondered why I bother.

I don't pretend to know all the answers and I never said it was the pump. I was just asking whether ...

Oh never mind! My post was ignored in the first place :smile:

did you say something:), whats that? anyone there?

Looks like it's just the good engineers on here then.

A good engineer in Spain would make a mint :)

:grouphug: :crazy: :chillpill: :shades_smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to HELP , boiler trips house electricity when turned on in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.
Back