Discuss HELP , boiler trips house electricity when turned on in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

sam423

SIME OIL BOILER 1992
DE DIETRICH BURNER 2002

When my boiler is turned on it trips out the whole house electricity supply.
i can turn down thermostat on the boiler and turn on the boiler so the light is lit up but when i turn up the stat it trips out.
i have changed the fuel control box on the burner but still same problem.
funny thing is that when i unplug everything on the burner except the fuel control box it still happens, so it cant be the solenoid/transformer/coil etc as they are all unplugged
that only leaves the boiler itself but theres only 3 simple controls on it like on/off switch,reset button and thermostat.

when i turn it on via the programmer, the zone valve moves then pump comes on then boiler light comes on but turn that stat up and lights out

Any ideas anyone??

Also if i cant fix it , is it a straight swap for another burner of a different model if the power outputs are similar or will i need to make any adjustments like airflow etc?

Last edited by a moderator:
just asimple question of tracing the short to the item causing it by elimination.

unlikely a breaker problem more likely a short just need to track it down

Will the fan and the motor be hardwired to the control box as u cant seem to unplug thosr?

Do we not give oil DIY people the same message as DIY gas work? Or I oil not considered a risk?

Don't do oil but a mate of mine had same problem on his gas system the other day...
Turned out he had a leak and the actuator on his zone valve for the heating was full of water. Tripped the electrical whenever he turned the stat up to create demand:)

Never been on a bus since i learned to drive and never been in Torquwall since about a year after that when i found out how long it took to get there in a clapped out capri. Can i come too :smile:

Never been on a bus since i learned to drive and never been in Torquwall since about a year after that when i found out how long it took to get there in a clapped out capri. Can i come too :smile:
If you get to mine, I will take us all down to LP's :17:

if ur all up for a road trip then you want to come down here to the costa brava, its baking here at the moment :shades_smile: bring that caravan

ADMIN, can you post LP's Address please ?? :) need to know where I am going :)

Tiddy Oggy Land.
South West England.

In mind of a Tiddy Oggy now. Can you still get them down there LP? Ex wife's father was from Combe Martin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to HELP , boiler trips house electricity when turned on in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.
Back