Search the forum,

Discuss Heatslave 20/25 issue in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi guys and girls,
the fan on my Heatslave 20/25 doesn't start, I've had look and cleaned fuel filters etc and everything that should be clean is clean, fan blades have been cleaned and it moves freely by hand. When I try the boiler I can only hear the ignition clicks. I'm thinking I will need a new fan, or is it possible it's just the capacitor that's gone? Any advice gratefully received,
Thanks

Sorry to sound like a bum and to say that you’ll not get the answers you want on here unless you can provide proof of Gas Safe membership.

The fan just like any other combustion related components can effect combustion. Combustion analysis will need completing and potentially other adjustments after any work/part replacement.

This is to ensure correct combustion, the safety of the appliance and to protect life.

A boiler or any fuel operated appliance has the ability to kill. Parts can not just be swapped out like for like without the relevant safety/operational checks.

Even with Gas Safe/current legislation, cases of appliance related death still occur, do you really want to take that chance with your/your family’s lives to save a few pounds.

I highly recommend getting a qualified Gas engineer in to fix it for you.

I will add for anyone else reading, cleaning fan blades is not always a good idea and can cause a working fan to die. The bearings/motor etc can get used/worn according to the weight of dust etc, cleaning them, can unsettle things.

To be fair it's an oil boiler, and not regulated as per Gas Safe
Didn’t even notice, I know it’s not as regulated (it should be), it was aimed that it’s not just as easy as swapping a part. It takes a bit more than just an analyser to set up correctly, gonna need a soot pump/oil pressure gauge which even less people have.

I work on oil and gas.

Reply to Heatslave 20/25 issue in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Hello!! I’ve got an old heatslave 20/25 running on kerosene. Came up with a lockout today. Tested everything I could. Symptoms, blower not starting. But… The burner runs and the boiler works if I bypass the “back to mainboard” loop for the blower motor live. To be specific, pin 4 pink wire from...
Replies
Views
Hi, I wonder if anyone can help. I have a Worcester Oil Heatlslave 20/25 that has started making a fairly loud knocking noise and the the pressure gauge flicks a little when the noise thumps. The hot water still works, I've turned off the heating for the time being. Any ideas on what the...
Replies
Views
I live in Azerbaijan and am looking to revamp the water system in my house. The first thing is that I don't have a water meter - probably a good thing as my mother in law pours tonnes of water on the garden in summer, mostly watering weeds as she can't tell the difference from grass. But the...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I've joined the forum today as I've found myself going round in circles with what I think might be a pretty simple problem, hoping someone can help. Our dishwasher is leaking and the manual says this can be fixed by cleaning the water inlet filter. To do this, we need to close the...
Replies
Views
I'm looking for some advice on a frustrating problem I'm having with my old Eurostar 50-60s oil boiler please? Although it's old, most parts needed to operate it are now new. The symptoms indicated a broken/seized burner motor or oil pump. I wrongly assumed the motor so I ordered a new one only...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock