Discuss Heatrae Sadia Electromax producing little to no hot water in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

LWCARAB

Hello,

I've moved into a rented 2 bed flat 3 weeks ago and ever since day one I've been having problems with the hot water, I've managed to get warm(ish) water only twice since moving in. The landlord won't accept that there is a problem so I'm trying to find a solution myself.
At first I thought the water heating was linked to the central heating and as the thermostat was in the smallest and warmest room in the house it was cutting off much too early, I've since moved that but read today that the hot water on the Heatrae Sadia Electromax should run independantly to the heating.
I've also read that the boiler is supposed to require 2 seperate power connections, one regular and one eco10 for the hot water. Both these terminals on the boiler have separate input going into them (no crossover) but I don't know where they go, I do know that I'm only paying one electricity bill however.
Any ideas on what could be wrong or how to solve it? I'm getting really fed up of cold showers!

Thanks,

Richard

Hello,

I've moved into a rented 2 bed flat 3 weeks ago and ever since day one I've been having problems with the hot water, I've managed to get warm(ish) water only twice since moving in. The landlord won't accept that there is a problem so I'm trying to find a solution myself.
At first I thought the water heating was linked to the central heating and as the thermostat was in the smallest and warmest room in the house it was cutting off much too early, I've since moved that but read today that the hot water on the Heatrae Sadia Electromax should run independantly to the heating.
I've also read that the boiler is supposed to require 2 seperate power connections, one regular and one eco10 for the hot water. Both these terminals on the boiler have separate input going into them (no crossover) but I don't know where they go, I do know that I'm only paying one electricity bill however.
Any ideas on what could be wrong or how to solve it? I'm getting really fed up of cold showers!

Thanks,

Richard

I take it back, there is no power going to the off peak supply so I'm guessing that's the problem. I've split the main supply now to see if that works.

Last edited by a moderator:
I got my self an electromax about 6 months ago and it's been saving me quite a bit of money! (If anyone else is looking into buying one, I got mine from Discounted Heating, cheapest one I could find!) I had a similar issue to begin with, with the hot water running out too quickly but it turns out it was because I hadn;t turned on the off-peak element. Basically the boost feature only heats a little bit at the top of the tank rather than the whole thing!

Little hot water you say - start with the stats, then epa's then finally the power to the unit. Yes it is independent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Heatrae Sadia Electromax producing little to no hot water in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock