Discuss Heating, tough customer. (landlord) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

Niekolye

Hi guys, doing some work for a stinjy landlord.. Basically he's had a heatline vizo fitted a few years back, it's firing on DHW, and runs continuesly with no issue, but when simply setting heating to fire, boiler fires for about 5 seconds, then knocks out, as if a room stat wasn't turned up, only it dosnt have one, just that god forsaken integral timer, now switching between on and off on there re-fires the heating, so I suspect that the timers probably dicky, I just install and replace guys so be gentle please =o) Just advice where you guys would go with it.

If you reckon its the internal clock, try switching it to continuous. If the prob re-occurs, try by-passing the clock. If boiler fires up properly, then replace clock (or better still, go for a RF programmer)

I wouldn't go replacing timers without proper fault finding. Could easily be a sensor causing this, the modenas for eg are famous for that fault in my experience

Last edited by a moderator:
I did contemplate bypassing the clock just to get this tenant some heating given the sudden chill, but wasn't sure about it doing it as I didn't want to risk blowing the board or anything, I get what you say about it possibly being a sensor, but like I say testing is another matter, i have the equipment but I could do with a bit of guidance, as you could understand I don't want to look like a fool even though I did explain to the landlord it's not my area I'm not like, thick.. I roughly understand how a boiler works and I know all of the components, I would willingly replace anything inside it's just narrowing it down because it's a tricky one, the basic principles I understand are stuff as deep as stuff like, the firing up sequence, is there a tap dripping? I do have a drop of experience it's just actual testing procedures, what resistances their should be where, more the wiring side and electrical fault finding, I can map it out when it's infront of me, what should have power and when but if its to techincal it buggers me I guess, I havnt got that far, not had the chance just yet (9 years later)
Thanks for replies anyway guys

Hi Niekolye and :welcome: to the forum :)

Have you had the front off yet? the programmer front fascia separates from the main pcb cover and drops down so you can access the back of the timer ... On the back of the timer is a diagram for the wiring ... Obviously with the power off link the two spades associated with the switching, as shown on the diagram ... :) The only control they'll then have is the selector switch for water only or water and heating eh?

Cheers dude! I accessed the back of the panel, and back of the time clock, deliberated on what you said, and concluded I'd get a second opinion first haha, thanks mate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Heating, tough customer. (landlord) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock