Search the forum,

Discuss Heating fuses blowing in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi all

I have a problem with a fuse constantly blowing on the heating system.

It’s only been in the last few days… the zone valves are working fine and opening as normal and it only happens after about 10 mins of running for hot water or heating.

The pump is making a noise like there is air trapped inside it but when I bleed the screw nothing comes out and it also gets quite hot to touch.

There are no wires loose in the wiring centre or any signs of melting or otherwise, am I correct in assuming that the pump may be over heating.

Is the pump electrical connectors dry pump end ?

Or motor / windings going bad pulling more amps so fuse is going to blow etc

Chance are it is the pump, can you disconnect it electrically and wire it up via a lead to a 13 amp plug fused at 3 amp and run it to see if it stills blows the fuse?

Hi all

So ran the pump on a plug with a 3amp fuse and it works fine, disconnected zone valve lives one at a time the system still blows. No signs of water damage so had to get a sparky to look at it

Reply to Heating fuses blowing in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I just had a quote for a new boiler install as follows I dont undertand why a 15-60 boiler pump is needed and a 25-100 pump is needed as well I currently have an ideal mexico 2 heat only boiler - It has one DAB pump on the boiler return and a 2 port valve at the flow pipe to allow for heating...
Replies
Views
Hi All, Hope somebody can help :) I have a vented HW system with a pressurised Ch system but got bit of a annoying issue, when the hot water comes on all seems ok then after about 15/20 mins i started to hear a trickling noise from hw cylinder which i can also hear in the boiler. The central...
Replies
Views
Experiencing an issue with a Worcester Greenstar 21i conventional boiler if anyone could help! I have previously installed a Tado smart controls system and is all working correctly with my 3 zone s plan system (CH x2, & HW). Boiler fires from the LR (signal) when the Tado calls for heat but...
Replies
Views
I have a 2 pump hot water tank (Flomax 180L fitted in '94) in airing cupboard system with an Ideal classic boiler (downstairs next to an external wall) which for the most part seems to provide excellent hot water. The central heating also works fine - though sometimes I think the radiuators...
Replies
Views
Can central heating / gas engineer expert help me with below issue. During winter time only, I have been having issue with low pressure or pressure dropping with unvented hot water cylinder system. During summer time there is no usage of central heating so the pressure at unvented system is not...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock