Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Heat turned off but pump in the airing cupboard keeps running in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

BlueR32

I turned the heating off at about 10. But the pump in the airing cupboard was still making a noise like it was on.

There's a wall switch which allows it to be switched off in there. So it's off and quiet.

But the manual switch had always been left on before and it was totally quiet unless the water was on heating or the heating was switched on from the control panel in the utility room.

Please comment if you have the solution. Thanks!

IMG_6597.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
What make and model of boiler do you have? Some boilers have a pump overrun which keeps power to the pump for a few minutes after boiler has been switched off.
Also sometimes motorised valves can be faulty and put power to boiler and pump.

You do not show in your photo the motorised valves (for hot water and heating). What type of valves are they, do they have a manual over ride lever, if so work the lever a few times and see if the pump stops when it comes back to the rest position. Depending on whether the last control command was the heating or hot water valve that would be the favourite.

Last time I attended a job with this issue was due to a frost stat in the loft that was faulty causing the pump to run . Check you don't have a frost stat in the loft somewhere , or could be a faulty motor in the motorised valves

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Heat turned off but pump in the airing cupboard keeps running in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock