Search the forum,

Discuss Hard plumb a Hansgrohe or use flexi's in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Robman

Hi,

I'm not a plumber. I've recently bought a Hansgrohe focus 31820000 to replace my old cheap kitchen mono tap. My old tap is hard piped in at the moment.

After reading various stories on flexi hoses I wanted to have this tap hard piped in. I've spoken to a couple of plumbers, both of them said that they probably wouldn't be able to hard pipe it and they would have to use the flexi hoses that come with the tap.

Is this true? the connections in the tap are deeply inset but I have seen some screw in copper tails that should just fit in like the flexi's do.

Am I wasting my time with the hard piping? one guy said the supplied Hansgrohe flexi's won't fail, only the cheap ones do.

Rob

:welcome2:

The Grohe flexi's I have come across are fixed in place and cannot be unscrewed so you can't change them. They will be ok provided they are fitted properly with no twists or kinks.

I hate having to use flexies but sometimes when they are supplied with the tap its much less agro than changing to copper tales ensure they don't bend to far kink or twist and ensure you fit them onto a flat surface not onto a isolation valve then again most Grohe flexies I come across are 3/8s so a isolator adapter Is perfect

The flexis you get with quality taps will be good ones. Just use them. It's the cheap Chinese imports in hidden areas that are the problem

If anyone gives you cheap crap to fit
Tell them it's at there own risk or just refuse to fit it as you can't be paid to fit that crap as it probably go wrong and always be your fault then

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Hard plumb a Hansgrohe or use flexi's in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, I have a troublesome fixed 15mm copper pipe with isolation valve going to my toilet fill valve. It's too tight for a Flexi hose. Can I use a push fit tap connector instead which will give me more flexibility in fitting?
Replies
Views
Hi there I have attached a video below, showing where my kitchen tap is leaking from, is this possible to repair by replacing the hose pipe or would I need to replace the whole tap? I had a plumber take a look who said the whole tap needed replacing. If it is just the hose supply do I...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am probably being unduly paranoid here but I noticed under our kitchen sink that there is some corrosion evident on a small section of copper pipe between compression fittings on the hot water feed. There are take offs for an outside hot and cold tap together with isolation valves and...
Replies
Views
Hi, I've noticed a slight weeping from the hot feed to my cloakroom tap. Does anyone know how this seals? Is it a rubber gasket between the different coloured metals? Not taken it apart as would need to partially drain the hot tank before doing so. The Hansgrohe instructions suggest that...
Replies
Views
Long story short I have a leak from possibly the flexi hose that connects to the upstairs hot water tap. I've switched off the boiler and mains water and waiting on a plumber but not sure when they'll arrive. My question is if I leave the boiler off and then turn the water back on so I can use...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock