Search the forum,

Discuss Halstead ace thermistor in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guy,

I'm new to fault finding side, I've known so many people I know misdiagnose and it's cost them for part, kind sort of put me of repairs, but to be honest I want to be able to do it, so decided to give it a go, went on the baxi courses, and a few others for training.

my question after boring you with that is, I've a halstead ace combi I've just been to see, no heating, if I disconnect the heating thermistor I'm getting a reading of 13k ohms, didn't have my analyser to check temperature of pipe, but if I do a continuity test on the thermistor across the 2 pins, I get no continuity beep, from multi meter, is the thermistor knackered, a plumber I know, but don't trust must, told me if there's a reading there fine.

Hope you can help

You'll need to prove you are gas safe registered to one of the mods and they can add you to the gas safe forum inside you will find a looooong list of component resistances on pretty much any boiler made up to 2012

send a pm to gas man or redsaw with your details and after a test to prove you are qualified you will be admitted to the gas safe private forum where you can ask away to your hearts content.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Halstead ace thermistor in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have a growing damp patch on my ceiling, I initially assumed it must be from the empty flat above (and therefore cannot gain access), and have since used emergency cut off for that flat. I'm now wondering if it could a problem in my own flat, so cut a hole in the damp patch to investigate -...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I've previously been helped on here by kind people so I'm tackling my next challenge. We have a GSHP (installed by previous owners) that supplies a buffer tank. That all runs OK. The heating pump and manifold actuators are 'controlled' by three OJ Electronics WLM3s (one master and two...
Replies
Views
Hi there, I'm considering having my heating system controlled by Honeywell Evohome. I have a question about the underfloor heating controller.... I have a single zone water underfloor heating in the kitchen. The controller is currently a Wunda. I've never been all that happy with it because...
Replies
Views
I have moved into a house with a Joule Cyclone CY200L indirect cylinder in my loft. Recently it seems to continuously be making a noise, as if it's filling up or heating up, I'm not sure which. The thermostat on the side is set to 55, when I turn it below 50 there is a click and then the noise...
Replies
Views
When we moved into our house in 2016, the electric water heater popped loudly when heating. After awhile, I researched and realized that it was likely due to limescale and/or other sediment buildup. I flushed it multiple times, but never got it to stop popping, so I eventually decided to replace...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock