Currently reading:
HALL of SHAME PHOTo`s

Discuss HALL of SHAME PHOTo`s in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Barry98

I know we all come across them but thought we could stick them all in one thread for everyone to see.

my first of many , was in a church hall and this was someones idea of capping the gas off.

Attachments

• 000_0279.jpg
    000_0279.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 2,355
  • 000_0281.jpg
    000_0281.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 2,245
Talking of condensate pipes...

No need to install flue with correct fall just install a CCD. (condensate capture device)

y7ajevap.jpg

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1395418872.130419.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1395418872.130419.jpg
    11.6 KB · Views: 258
Last edited:
I defo did a tightness test! And I didn't leave pipes lite that, it takes lots of work to get pipes like that, a highly skilled coppersmith would struggle to re create.

aby4etus.jpg

All rads in the house were like this!!

In the same house in the bathroom, cust complaining tiles were cracking!!

a5yduput.jpg

Furthermore, basin draining slowly in other bathroom.

Pushfit waste running uphill!

apu8u2u3.jpg

All work done by a supposed "qualified" handyman. Whatever one of them is!!

First call this morning. Could see the fumes coming in the window. Flue is an old Worcester one but boiler is only a couple of years old. There is a balcony above as well. IDed it and going back tomorrow to put a new flue and plume kit on.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1395669508.492868.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1395669508.492868.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 240
Hall of shame for the old Ideal Isar...

Blocked condensate, filled back up into burner caused boiler to not ignite but fill with gas then boom. Lucky..

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1395787039.767993.jpg

Hall of shame for the old Ideal Isar...

Blocked condensate, filled back up into burner caused boiler to not ignite but fill with gas then boom. Lucky..

View attachment 17988

i found one like that when I worked at the council.

No one had ever changed the earth pins and the insulation had fell onto the burner causing the flame to burn through the heat exchanger.

I found it on a service, the boiler had been working fine and the tenant hadn't reported a breakdown or anything.

God knows how long it had been like that for.

i found one like that when I worked at the council.

No one had ever changed the earth pins and the insulation had fell onto the burner causing the flame to burn through the heat exchanger.

I found it on a service, the boiler had been working fine and the tenant hadn't reported a breakdown or anything.

God knows how long it had been like that for.
dont know if you find the same tom,admittedly its mainly icos i see so not as stressed as a isar,but if its stripped down every year and the ionization probes or pins are checked for condition and correct location they dont need changing obviously different story if there damaged that goes for insulation as well if its cracked new expensive one piece affair required

Poor little Sanivite!

(The vite isn`t a macerator because being only a water pump is hasn`t got the blades)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to HALL of SHAME PHOTo`s in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock