Currently reading:
HALL of SHAME PHOTo`s

Discuss HALL of SHAME PHOTo`s in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Barry98

I know we all come across them but thought we could stick them all in one thread for everyone to see.

my first of many , was in a church hall and this was someones idea of capping the gas off.

Attachments

• 000_0279.jpg
    000_0279.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 2,355
  • 000_0281.jpg
    000_0281.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 2,245
Same roof they have re routed the soil pipe by means of a dryer hose around some botched loft flooring. Very little to support it and they can't understand why the flashings moved and they now have a serious leak. View attachment 17021

looks like they've been on diy something dot com then gone to, sounds like see and pooh.

Until I got there, this was being used to make the tea in a very upmarket designer clothes shop! Perhaps not bad workmanship as such, but is a lesson to leave the lid on and roof door shut! The pigeons seemed to be having a field day.

281637_197030360357823_858629_n.jpg

pipe reduction.jpgFitting saving idea , 22 to 8 mm reduction , just need 3 gallon of solder !!

That's just the beginning, the whole house is a nightmare.
The guy strenuously denies it but I'm sure he's done this himself!

My other halves uncle is like that. Always telling him not to touch his boiler but he just can't comprehend the harm. I've told him now if he keeps "fiddling" I will not fix it

The dangerous thing about it is he follows me round asking questions "learning" for the future!
ill admit, people like this do worry me!

So, have you told him the secret way of fixing gas pipe with duck tape, or how he can get hot water for free by wiring the mains to the HW pipes? Go on, I dare ya! :cowboy:

photo-27.JPGSorry for the poor images.
Two cisterns on the roof of a London hostel supplying water for I think it was around 40 persons along with this there was photo-28.JPG flexy heaven, an un-vented cylinder with no controls apart from the T&P, oh & a gas leak that they were informed was within acceptable limits even though you could smell it !!
Still no need to stop these people "practicing" plumbing, a.

Last edited:
Theirs a plant growing out of the bottom cwsc and you would have to be above average height to read the pressure gauge on the cylinder!

Theirs a plant growing out of the bottom cwsc and you would have to be above average height to read the pressure gauge on the cylinder!
I think they said it was called Hydroponics either that or a roof top garden !!

& I believe you are right Crinkmeister, I think the engineer said the cylinder was not being used now the combi had been installed but hay why bother to strip it all out, just leave it a in place but not used !!!
You could not make the stuff up that was found on this job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to HALL of SHAME PHOTo`s in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock