Discuss Gurgling and air in central heating in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

If you read .5 bar on the pressure gauge at the boiler then the pressure at the highest point of the system will be less, perhaps no water up there at all and yes air can enter.
Would air being admitted into the system cause the pressure to rise? Yes it would.

Pressure is now between 2.2 and 2.5 (I've not seen it drop below 2.2).

There's defo water in the rads at the top of the house.

When I pressurised to a higher bar I got the tado app to open all valves so everything was open. I only forgot about the two rads in the house in the hall that have normal TRVs.

2.2 bar cold?

Not stone cold, cool-ish. Because the heating has been on because of cold weather it's never quite cold.

As an example, when the pump comes on the pressure drops to about 2 bar. When the pump switches off, it goes to 2.2 or slightly higher.

Based on what @johntheo said I checked the flow and return pipes...

Facing the boiler, the left most pipe seems to be the flow. The filling loop goes from the cold water supply to the return. The return has the magnetic filter on.

I checked the schematics in the installation and service manual and this seems to match.

So after bleeding the air off each time the pressure returns to normal ?. I know it doesn't add up but could/can you remove the filling loop to absolutely rule it out.

I’m not sure that the pressure rises. I will try and monitor.

It’s hard because it fluctuates a little bit. Baxi engineers said this is normal.

Not sure how to remove the filling loop exactly. Would I have to drain the system?

There should be a flexible hose somewhere where it connects to the boiler return with isolating valves or can you post a photo of the isolation valve you described previously?

Do mean by PG fluctuations that it changes fairly rapidly while watching it and have you watched it for any unusual behaviour while using hot water?

There should be a flexible hose somewhere where it connects to the boiler return with isolating valves or can you post a photo of the isolation valve you described previously?

Do mean by PG fluctuations that it changes fairly rapidly while watching it and have you watched it for any unusual behaviour while using hot water?

Will see if there are isolating valves behind.

The pressure only drops/rises when the pump goes on/off. Not during heating.

Haven’t checked when using hot water but will check tomorrow.

Attachments

• 1A03E920-D763-46E0-A46E-84F208D57900.jpeg
    1A03E920-D763-46E0-A46E-84F208D57900.jpeg
    348.5 KB · Views: 18

Reply to Gurgling and air in central heating in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

When I turn on our CH there's a lot of noise from one specific part of the system - the pipes on the landing, and one radiator. It sounds like...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
Boiler is making a gurgling sound and keeps short cycling. I believe there is air in the the system and I've already bled all the radiators. This...
Replies
Views
I have been facing central heating low pressure on unvented hot water RM Cylinders but can't see any leak on the PRV, expansion vessels and...
Replies
Views
losing pressure
L
I need to extend my central heating from my newly built extension in to the old part of my house. I need to feed 3 rads in separate bedrooms on...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock