Search the forum,

Discuss Grundfos UPM3 pump won't turn despite being clean in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi there,

I've got a stuck Grundfus pump again, but this time the usual tricks don't work. I took it out, cleaned it, still won't turn.
Hand pressed against the rotating bit, screw pressed in, no movement.

Tried the same both plugged and unplugged. The black propeler thing won't budge.

Is it broken?

2023-08-31-143131.png

I heard that some water pumps need an initial pressure to be able to start unless there is a built in feature which store some pressure when the tap turned off. Do you get enough pressure in the system?
I'd think of testing the winding by a multimeter for continuity.
(I'm not a plumber)

I heard that some water pumps need an initial pressure to be able to start unless there is a built in feature which store some pressure when the tap turned off. Do you get enough pressure in the system?
I'd think of testing the winding by a multimeter for continuity.
(I'm not a plumber)
It’s a central heating pump, not a shower pump - I thought you were going to stop commenting on things you know nothing about…..

IIRC, the shaft and bearing on that model are ceramic. So, if the impeller has seized I think you're probably out of luck.

Does the pump need to be working to bring the pressure back into the system? (I emptied it in order to take out the pump by switching the far right valve). According to my notes, turning the 2 bottom left black and red valves should start bringing in the pressure. But nothing is hapenning.

Attachments

• IMG_20230902_080938.jpg
    IMG_20230902_080938.jpg
    344.2 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_20230902_080948.jpg
    IMG_20230902_080948.jpg
    652.4 KB · Views: 14

Reply to Grundfos UPM3 pump won't turn despite being clean in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, my Mothers heating failed in the recent UK cold snap. I found the pump was stuck. I have a question about pump orientation. The existing pump flows downwards. The manual for the proposed replacement recommends that it should pump upwards. This would involve rearranging the flow &...
Replies
Views
My kitchen radiator is filling with hot water despite my TRV being set to 0. It's blazing at maximum. This goes for the rad when I try two separate TRVs I have tried, which happen to be... Basic programmable Bluetooth one that uses a motorised push-pin. Old basic TRV with settings 0-5. On...
Replies
Views
Hello, I have a Potterton Promax HE Store boiler, and in the past a few times I have had to repressurise the system after getting an E119 error. Usually I take off the bottom cover and turn one valve, hear the water coming in, and watch the pressure increase. However I've got the error today...
Replies
Views
Good afternoon everyone, I hope you're all going to make the most of the sunshine today. For those of you in front of computers, and more technically able that me, I have a few question that if any of you could help with it would be greatly appreciated. I have the above boiler, and yesterday...
Replies
Views
O
Hi, I'm not a heating engineer and I have no intention of touching our boiler, but I really could do with some friendly advice regarding a weird fault. The boiler is an 8-year old ThermeconS90/120. Burner is an Ecoflam Minor 4. Nozzle is a 1.10/60 Location is a dry outhouse. When cold...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock