Search the forum,

Discuss Green star 42CDi cavitation & EA Code in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spreck

Gas Engineer
Got called to a Greenstar 42CDi with EA code.

checked flue -ok
checked condensate - ok
checked for gas etc - ok
17.54 Mbr (advised MI's requested min 18Mbr inlet mop) - low
checked ionisation probe looked like a cocktail stick that worn 9.5yrs and not been checked before! Changed and EA sorted cleaned out exchanger (never seen so much build up in a Worc before) changing seal checked burner changed seal all good, set ratio to 9.7% max 9.1% min then normal checks etc.
2.5 hrs later got a call about noise! checked fan pressure wanted >-4.8mbr had -5.4mbr

isolated and and returned next day leaving heaters, late one.
re-checked ratio max was sitting at 8.9/9% with adjustment wound all out. Fan pressure same -5.4mbr.
changed the gas valve calibrated ratio etc noise gone, I discovered the gas valve had been changed 2.5yrs earlier.

mine had had it but would be worth checking not drifted too far on max and min ratio as low burn/min will cavitate like a git.

hope this helps somebody.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Green star 42CDi cavitation & EA Code in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello All- (Usual caveats apply: I am the rather unusual part-time variety of a GSRE, training self-funded and slowly trying to make my way and gain experience- mainly do inspections and safety checks etc, have been on the Baxi fault-finding course relatively recently, don't profess to know it...
Replies
Views
I have my initial gas safe inspection coming up after successfully completing my ACS a few weeks ago - and, it's fair to say i'm slightly nervous. Not particularly because I think i'm not capable of doing the various process' you have to follow, but doing them in the right order, whilst under...
Replies
Views
Hi I have had somebody in to look at a relative's GlowWorm boiler which makes an intermittent whistling/howling noise. Its 8 years old and has been serviced every year and apart from this intermittent noise it works fine. They have had somebody out to them and they have recommended a new...
Replies
Views
Hi. Be most grateful for any advice from the learned. I've been to one of these that intermittently cycles with a very loud deep vibrating noise. Sounds respiration based. Does it with the front off also so not flue seals I'm thinking? Doesn't change if I touch/move fan. Flue. Condense clear...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock