Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Grant oil boiler problem in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Any advice welcome as plumber stumped

Had 36-46 grant vortex utility boiler 7 years no problem recently oil tank move and tigerloop install (tank about 1m lower).
10 days later and boiler either doesn't fire or fires stops, fires runs splutters stops. Most it runs now is 10 mins, but that's rare. Usually it doesn't work.

Changed control box, photocell and I think oil pump. Still the same.
Tigerloop appears low to me (10% full, even lower than when pic taken). Oil tank 1/3 full and "fuel lines ok".

Also around same time hot water overflow started to drip, expansion tank empty, recharged.

Pics and videos attached.

Any ideas?

First find a oil engineer that can fault find rather than throwing parts at problem.
Assuming the problems only started with conversation to tiger loop?
Simple stuff is oil filter clear? Pipework to tiger loop correct? Bypass screw fitted?
No pics!

First find a oil engineer that can fault find rather than throwing parts at problem.
Assuming the problems only started with conversation to tiger loop?
Simple stuff is oil filter clear? Pipework to tiger loop correct? Bypass screw fitted?
No pics!
Thanks. Will probably end up with an oil engineer, plumber (oil engineer?) is still on the job.
How do you know an oil engineer is an oil engineer 🤔

I assume uploaded pics need admin approval first and maybe that's why not posted?
Or is there a size limit to files?
I asked about bypass screw, he said yes.
Filter new.

Reply to Grant oil boiler problem in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Grant Vortex 50/90 condensing oil boiler where the air tube spigot over the fan is not connected to the existing flue, should this be closed off...
Replies
Views
Hi there. I have Grant oil fired boiler which when cold, takes multiple times to fire up. It will run for say 20 or 30 seconds with hot exhaust...
Replies
Views
We have an oil delivery booked for Friday but we ran out earlier today. We topped the tank with 150L from containers, bled the first boiler from...
Replies
Views
My Grant combi oil boiler is giving me quite a headache at the moment. When I returned home last Friday I'd no heating or hot water. An engineer...
Replies
Views
problem with my oil boiler everything has been change all cleaned out set up but still locks out , if I remove photcell and shine a light on it it...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock