Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Glowworm Cxi F.12 fault in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zippymark

Gas Engineer
I've been to have a quick look at my mate's boiler and its displaying F.12 which is 'Connection fault between main pcb and display pcb'. The boiler is not firing up. The wire itself seems ok, no obvious breaks/damage (have not actually tested yet). I've had a word with a couple of people and it's looking like either the main PCB or the display pcb, but at £200/£150 odd i don't really want to take a chance. Is there a way to test this? I've had a look on a few forums and it doesn't seem to be an easy one to get the bottom of.

If anyone has had this, what did it end up being?

One thing that might be worth noting is before the fault code came up, they said the pressure was jumping all over the place and making a bit of a noise.

Thanks for any help

I've had 2 main pcb's die on me just by interrupting the power! If you ring glow-worm tech they step you through the procedure for testing whether the correct voltage is being transmitted to the display! Not something to share here in open forum and to be honest I can't remember off hand :)! lol

:welcome: to the forum by-the-way Zippymark :)

Cheers, that was going to be my next step. I thought it was going to be the expansion vessel or something because i was just told the pressure was dropping.

Cheers, that was going to be my next step. I thought it was going to be the expansion vessel or something because i was just told the pressure was dropping.

The two boilers I'm talking about, by-the-way, didn't display any fault codes they just died!! I've also had issues with the push on connectors giving off erroneous faults too!

The two boilers I'm talking about, by-the-way, didn't display any fault codes they just died!! I've also had issues with the push on connectors giving off erroneous faults too!
I had a glowworm i had to replace the pcb on. A kind electrican after i had put the boiler on a plug top and left the link in place to get it going decided to come and rewire including the programable stat as required, got the wires back to front on a 24v switching boiler! Best bit he had never tested it so it was me the next day who turned the boiler on at the spur for it to go bang! Lucky enough knew the glowworm rep well and he drop me off one foc with a new set of ignition elecrode to solve the explosive ignition threatning to rip the boiler off the wall! Had a rear flue as well quite scary to watch that flue on intial fire up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Glowworm Cxi F.12 fault in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

My heating system comprises an Ideal Logic 12 boiler located downstairs and a Gledhill OV SOL cylinder located upstairs . The problem is that when...
Replies
Views
Some advice please about a really worrying problem. I live in a terraced 2 bed room house. 10 days ago the gas combi boiler stopped heating the...
Replies
Views
Hi, My combi-boiler has just given up heating the house and basically only delivers hot water. While in central heating mode it heats up and stops...
Replies
Views
So I bought my first flat recently (am in UK) and in a bit of a pickle as the bathroom has turned up lots of problems that weren't picked up by...
Replies
Views
Hi all, We recently purchased a house and nothing seems to work correctly here, I've spent weeks rectifying issues. Plumbing, electrical...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock