Discuss Glow Worm Ultimate boiler no ignition and no pilot... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

To be fair I can see why many people want a rough idea what might be wrong before (or after) an engineer turns up. 'Competent' is the issue here with faults and diagnosing. Most engineers would probably turn up and look at a 20 year old boiler and say new boiler time rather than try and find the fault.

It's evident on my estate, that's full of 15+ year old Ultimates. A few people have had them replaced when in reality most of them a very easily repairable, most of them just not working from the lack of servicing (GSR engineers will know what I mean here) or external factors such as controls.

simple answer for this is its a heatline and they were crap thats why more than likeley people wouldnt turn up. i wouldnt touch them. breakdowns and servicing was 95% of my business first question most breakdown engineers ask is what boiler is it.

If people don’t know enough to fix them and decline the offer of work that’s fair enough. But to accept the offer, set an appointment and then not turn up makes you look pretty unprofessional.

I have the same issue as Suds. My hive hub broke and on the same day my boiler stopper working, (I assume it was just the HIVE). Ive replaced the hive kit and the receiver is working fine. Water heating comes on occasionally when prompted, but CH will not start. NO fan noise, leds or pilot light or sparking? I'm ging to replace the PCB as looking online its the most likely issue?

Any further advice would be great??

Reply to Glow Worm Ultimate boiler no ignition and no pilot... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the...
Replies
Views
Hi, Later this year I am going away for a 2 week holiday and as the weather will be warm there is no need for the heating to be on and arguably...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock