Discuss Getting back in to it in the Plumbing Courses and Training area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi everyone.
New to the forum, bit about myself left school straight to college 4 years and completed NVQ level 2&3 and was qualified gas fitter. Due to struggling to find work I left plumbing and heating as I just needed to find a job. With what happening around the world. It looks like I’m being made redundant!
So I’m tempted to dive back in to plumbing, now being out the game my gas qualification have expired and I’m looking at using the redundancy to re take the assessment!

Now can I just book on to a re training programme and sit the CCN1 etc or do I have to start all over again trying to work with someone for training and evidence of working?

If someone could help clear this up at least I know what direction I can go.
Thanks

I would check with a training centre, regarding your lapsed qualification. There have been quite a few changes depending how long you have been out of the game.

I know when mine ran out, I only had so long to retake it, approx 6-12 months, after that i would have had to redo it again. So I’d say that this would pertain to yourself, Especially if there’s a lack of experience imo.

hello and welcome mj

Reply to Getting back in to it in the Plumbing Courses and Training area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I’m looking to retrain as a gas engineer and do a new entrants gas course. I’m a bit concerned by the ‘on-job’ work experience/shadowing, as...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone I'm about to progress from Level 2 C&G to Level 3 (starting in September): I'd always thought i would do the Level 3 Gas, as this was...
Replies
Views
About 10 months I started having issues with a gas like smell in my home and the gas board was unable to find any gas leak I've still got the...
Replies
Views
Not sure what my options are here. Basically a friend of mine recommended his father in law to do our plumbing/gas work for our renovation. First...
Replies
Views
Hi My grandmothers property has a back boiler heated by a solid fuel appliance using coal. Yes, I know. She’s stubborn! Unfortunately the...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock