Currently reading:
Gas work

Discuss Gas work in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

850Rick

How many of you actually do Gas work?has anyone renewed there Gas certificate and is it worth the expence just to do a few jobs.Im wondering if i should do it or not.

most of us? i have re assessments in core gas in feb,most of my business is gas install or repair

Need to renew mine in Feb as well. Hopefully the 2nd last time.
Probably running about 80% gas work 20% shyt.

2 yrs 3 months since acs never looked backed 80 % of all work domestic gas

A good 50% of my work is gas related and a lot of the non gas related stuff has come from being called in to look at a boiler etc. I've got a bathroom swap coming up in a couple of weeks that is a result of me repairing a water heater in a caravan. The people were renting the van whilst they waited for completion on their new home and didn't know any local plumbers so took a card. I've already done a boiler swap for them.

It can also give some nice little filler jobs, a quick boiler service/landlords check on the way home.

Safe Gas Install 95% , rest is repairs ch and plumbing some time when the moon is full

Not in the Feb club though! Lol.

Do you find the wee little changes in legislation are the ones that trip you up too?

Aspiring to join the Feb Club will give purpose to my hitherto dull existence.

Tripping us up is what the changes in legislation are all about.

Can I start an October 2013 (Commercial only)club?

To the O.P. don't let the Reg go, it's too much hassle to get back into it again.

Last edited:
Commercial renewal excluding Catering, 4th time, altho' I did do Oil and Gas before Corgi was mandatory

Last edited:
How many of you actually do Gas work?has anyone renewed there Gas certificate and is it worth the expence just to do a few jobs.Im wondering if i should do it or not.

surely the question is "how much gas work do you do" as opposed to anyone else, count up how much you have made from gas in the last year (remember to include plumbing referrals you got from doing gas work) then count up the cost of being gas registered and decide whether you are up or down,

mine is april :(

i wanna be in the feb club!!

join the feb club and get it done early and dont be like the bulk who will wait till mid jan and start phoning round and greeting that they NEED to do their gas this week as its running out, or it ran out last week but they have been too busy to do it
PS you can do you re-assessment 6 months before expiry without losing any life on your ticket as long as you take your original with you for confirmation

for those of you contemplating assessment only you should be aware that Medium Pressure testing is back in the ACS as of 01-10-12

A blonde moment when I was convinced it was a three year interval.

for those of you contemplating assessment only you should be aware that Medium Pressure testing is back in the ACS as of 01-10-12

Having a dopey moment myself. Is that for both family 2 & 3 gasses Kirk?

Having a dopey moment myself. Is that for both family 2 & 3 gasses Kirk?

im only involved in domestic NG so i honestly dont know, but i would have thought MP would only have been on NG via transporters network upgrades? there is a new update to IGE/UP/1B which was donated to me by a kind gentleman, but as i havent any assessments booked i havent actually ploughed through it yet

Last edited by a moderator:
Is there alot of you that dont touch Gas at all.I honestly didnt think there was alot of Gas work about

Got told let-by on medium pressure is now going to be at 7mbar and no-longer 0mb... can you confirm this Kirk?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Gas work in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock