Search the forum,

Discuss Gas safety register course advice in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

Fergy449

Hi guys, can anybody offer advice on the gas safety register. I am considering putting myself through the ccn1 course but it is quite costly (£1200). I have worked with domestic gas before with a previous employer but my only worry is getting enough experience after i complete the course. Has anyone been in the same situation or offer any tips, thanks.

That's not a bad price tbh mate. It cost me £3000 for my one year gas apprenticeship and acs exam.

That is expensive. This course im about to enter is in belfast. It covers CCN1 Core domestic Gas SafetyCENWAT1 Gas Central Heating Boilers & Water Heaters (install, service & commission)
CPA1 (needed for boiler servicing & commissioning & installation of Flue less fires)

5 day course aswel!

Among other things!

You'll have Gerry and Ricky looking after you, sound guys and a lot of knowledge between them.

Whereabouts in NI are you?

Just in lurgan.

I got talking to a guy davy. He was sound over the phone and made me feel confident to go for it. Very good pass rate with them guys.

I'm just down the road from you then. David's the salesman and co owner of CCTS but yeah they do have a good pass rate which is entirely down to their style of training.

Take a jumper, the workshops are cold.

That is expensive. This course im about to enter is in belfast. It covers CCN1 Core domestic Gas SafetyCENWAT1 Gas Central Heating Boilers & Water Heaters (install, service & commission)
CPA1 (needed for boiler servicing & commissioning & installation of Flue less fires)

5 day course aswel!

How much are they charging you for CPA as its now included in the CCN, sounds like a gimmick to say you are getting something included in the price, like "new tyre including fitting for £150 pounds, which includes free air, its hardly a deal breaker is it
£1200 for a reassessment ccn1 and CENWAT including training is a fair price,

It is included in the CCN1 with them Kirk, They keep it in the sales patter because guys still ask for it over here if they're not told they're getting it. In some ways we're still a bit backward!

I asked the question while I was there renewing my certs.

Shouldn't you be out cooing over your new grandson?

He's reassessment so why should he stay away from a short refresher course? He simply needs some reminders and pointers to the new stuff then do his exam again

He's reassessment so why should he stay away from a short refresher course? He simply needs some reminders and pointers to the new stuff then do his exam again

There are some places over here that are about £1k for reassessment training and reassessment over 5 days

Yes mate. Tamar st near the oddessy?? Did you get the ccn1 yourself?

Good lads there they will help you a lot
I did mine there 4 years ago and Ricky is a brilliant instructor didn't get Gerry a lot but great craic
There was a Canadian bloke from Worcester there too not sure if still there but a smart bloke

Good lads there they will help you a lot
I did mine there 4 years ago and Ricky is a brilliant instructor didn't get Gerry a lot but great craic
There was a Canadian bloke from Worcester there too not sure if still there but a smart bloke

Ricky is dead good though he watches me out the corner of his eye when I'm on one of his courses. Gerry is brilliant and can tell you some stories!

They're not fast paced except on refresher. There are two of us vouching for CCTS on here.

I couldn't rate them high enough I'll be back next year when mine is up wouldn't even dream of looking elsewhere

I did my ccn1 and 4 modules for 750 at wolverhampton college. Fantastic tutors too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Gas safety register course advice in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello all, I'm new on the forum, I'm a gas service and repair engineer rather than a plumber. I used to work for a big company, now self employed. I do some install work too but nothing too big as I work alone and to be honest I'm not quick enough at installation work and not experienced in...
Replies
Views
Hi, Hoping some of you folks can steer me in the right direction. I have been self employed for the last 15years supplying services to the industrial gas market. That ranges from installing cryogenic storage tanks, pumps and pipework to high pressure Hydrogen systems and bulk LNG. My work has...
Replies
Views
Hi I’m looking for any gas engineers vacancies in the north west if any engineers/companies can help me out. I have just completed an Managed Learning Program gas diploma and have passed my ACS for CCN1 and CENWAT with Hybrid Technical Services in Aintree Liverpool that I funded myself. I will...
Replies
Views
Hi people of this forum I have a quite unique situation, I have recently finished my college course and have applied for my GSR, the previous threads that I have read in this forum say that they would like to see a calibrated FGA, knowing this I have looked up the prices and they are way out of...
Replies
Views
Hi there, I am currently in the forces looking to leave in the next year or so. i have a level 3 apprenticeship in electrical and mechanical marine engineering and realistically i have no issues tracing systems and working out whats what. the dream is to leave the forces and become self...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock