Search the forum,

Discuss Gas Rating in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

Fowlersrs

Alright guys, quick question..

Is gas rating nat gas boilers and appliances still necessary if carrying out flue gas analysis?

Reason I ask is because ive spent the last 3 years only working with LPG appliances and obviously you cannot gas rate them as there is no meter with LPG.

So is it still necessary with nat gas, ive just started my own business and im doing alot of nat gas services and I am carrying them out at the moment in conjunction with my fga but it does seem a little pointless. Ive got my gas safe inspection in a few weeks so dont wanna drop a bollock if there gonna be expecting me to do that aswell..

I tend to do them as matter of fact whilst servicing. Feel it's a bit OTT on a llgsc unless I can see something obviously wrong with the pipework or the flame

Yes, you need to. Either burner pressure or gas rate on every appliance. Combustion analysis can be fine, but the gas rate well off. Need to do both.

As above.
The appliance is rated to consume a set figure of gas. This has to be checked, either by gas rating or BP. If this is way off it may be as a result of some issues within appliance.
The combustion readings may not show anything untowards.

I draw your attention to GSIUR 26(9)!

Gas rate every time , better safe than sorry and only takes a few minutes for peace of mind.

problem is not all boilers have a chimney sweep/max rate mode. dont know about you guys but i find that frustrating because even running the hot tap full blast those boilers will sometimes modulate down

on this subject, how many of you guys test the inlet pressure on the gas valve to see its getting enough gas, easy thing to do, but often overlooked on CP12s

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Gas Rating in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock