Discuss Gas pipe installed on the outisde of house... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

GeorgeOz

Hi there,

I am a little concerned regarding a gas pipe that runs on the outside of my house... The pipe comes off of the meter, straight outside and then runs along the side of the house tees in for the cooker and carries on round the back of the house and then back into the house just under the combi boiler.

It isn't insulated or anything just bare copper. Is this something to worry about or is this normal practice? SHould it be insulated etc, etc?

The pipe is running about 3-4ft high along the side and back of the house.

Last edited by a moderator:
Once its bracketed correctly and sleeved where it enters through wall to cooker and boiler it would be fine .no need for insulation on gas pipe
one thing would be that if the pipe is in an area where it could be damaged by collision it shud be guarded by trunking or metal guarding

No no no get gas as cold as possible it's boyles law. Higher calorific content at low temps.

No no no get gas as cold as possible it's boyles law. Higher calorific content at low temps.
is that frankie boyles law ermi ? :confused:

it's charles law and you want to increase the gas temperature not decrease it, that way you might get
some gas for free :wink_smile:

pressure would need to be constant though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Gas pipe installed on the outisde of house... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi , i'm new to this forum & would like some advice , i have an upstairs bathroom & was wondering if i could put a cloackroom loo downstairs , my...
Replies
Views
Hi, my mother had an electric cooker installed yesterday. The guy who fitted it said it shouldn't be close to the gas pipe but it is. The red...
Replies
Views
Hi, We're in the process of upgrading 2 bathrooms in our house: the ensuite and the family bathroom. These adjoin one another. The ensuite is...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to...
Replies
Views
Dear all, We were disconnected by our gas supplier. We have no managed to find the money to clear the bill. They have told us it will take 10...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock