Discuss Gary speed in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not what i expected to see when i tearned on ssn leaving a wife and two sons, must have had troubles in life no one knew about and couldnt think of another way out

just read earlier he was on phone yesterday with savage laughing and joking etc well out of the blue

RIP fella.

Great guy, shame it was not one of the many prats in the game, me and football fell out years ago when they started earning so much money.

Kev.

RIP Gary speed... a sad loss to his family and the world of football...

yeh its a massive shock was only watching him on tv yesterday morning

I do not follow football but It seems everyone else does. Death by suicide is a cowards way out
I agree it's a cowards way out as the person leaves the family to deal with it all
But under certain circumstances it can also be a very brave thing to do if it saves the family heart ache
So untill the hole story unfolds all I can say is every simpathy to his family

one report says he was found hanged, not nice having to find somebody like that. It was Terry Newton earlier in the year, what drives people to this?

I saw him on tv yesterday morning and although he came across fine his eyes looked puffed up to me, i remember thinking something doesnt look right, may not be related at all i realise but until we know why we are left guessing

something obviously very wrong for him to choose this

I do not follow football but It seems everyone else does. Death by suicide is a cowards way out
if natural causes then RIP if not then good ridden

dont be a idiot, unless you have been there then i dont think you have any right to make a comment like that.

honestly calling somebody a coward for taking there own life without knowing any facts is stupid.

my thoughts go out to his family and friends. RIP.

Yep shocking news......didn't believe it at first. Was a model professional in a game filled with many overpaid idiots.
Who knows what was going through his mind and I feel for his family and friends over the next few weeks as the media will surely be digging around and have plenty of unjust stories and conspiracies to put im their papers about it all.

Sent from my MB526 using Tapatalk

Very sad news but even worse for the poor family hes left behind. Depression is a terrible thing that can happen to anyone at anytime. Quality i think maybe you should have a little bit of respect mate.

Really does go to show that even if you have great wealth and a dream job depression can still get hold of u and take you down a dark lonely road where you see no other option.
Was only reading the other day about a pro ref in the german league who tried to commit suicide just before a game and the game was cancelled.......also the german international goalkeeper robert enke threw himself in front of a train with the same condition.

Sent from my MB526 using Tapatalk

my uncle committed suicide at 34 it destroys family's in my uncles case he had just lost my grandad god only knows what was going through his mind when he did it,not a day goes by where we dont miss him RIP gary speed condolences to your family

I do not know Gary Speed ,I have watched him play and give great entertainment and commitment to the game over many years,I have seen the respect he was given by his fellow professionals and I can imagine the sorrow and heart ache he has left behind him

For the above Thank you ,God Bless and rest in peace ,any negative or derogatory comments about the manor of his death at this time,are miss placed

His close family will be in so much sorrow now and that sorrow does not require compounding by such unforgivable ignorance

imho

quality , people who commit suicide are generally suffering from depression which is an illness that unfortunately gets overlooked. i know of a 13year old boy in particular who lived near me that commited suicide. i dont think he was a coward.

i know what u meant, i suppose some people may do it because of guilt or cowardice but generally not. anyway rip gary

Last edited by a moderator:
if natural causes then RIP if not then good ridden

bit harsh, you obviously have no problems in your life or never have. Sometimes people feel like they have no way out of serious problems that may be building up, hes no coward he obviously had serious problems that he couldnt cope with, its just a damn shame that a young guy with so much talent didnt feel like he could ask for help.

quality , people who commit suicide are generally suffering from depression which is an illness that unfortunately gets overlooked. i know of a 13year old boy in particular who lived near me that commited suicide. i dont think he was a coward.

Every act has consequences and reasons
A 13 year old to take his own life is very sad as is anyone doing it if they are fit and well but they don't see the pain and suffering they leave behind so yes to me it is a cowards way out it's not brave to take your life it's brave to live a life

I worked for several years as a moderator on a number of depression help forums, unfortunately branding people that commit suicide as a coward is wrong. Mental illnesses have many stigma's attached to them, normally because unless you have gone through a simular illness its is very hard to truley understand it. Not every suicide is the same, not every cause or reason is the same so please dont judge everyone the same.

From my experience although a small number of people do commit suicide many many people every day want to but dont. These people are normally alone and affraid, affraid to even talk to there loved ones about how they feel and what they are thinking. Many of the stigmas associated with there problems only makes them less likely to seek help, and makes them worse. Most familys do not know there loved one has a problem untill its to late. lets not use a label for people in need of help and support but maybe show compassion and willing to understand what they are going through.

As grey has said its brave to live a life, many people who are suffering are brave every single day, many have to be brave every day for years, even there entire life. these people could never be a coward in my eyes.

Good post AW
It's not the ones that are sick I think are the cowards it's the ones who do it for selfish reasons to hurt other people

ive been in some deep dark places during my life but the thought of the effect that suicide would have on my childrens life was the one thing that kept me here
those children as well as loosing their father have been condemd to a lifetime worrying that at any minute they could do the same or that some how it was their fault
suicide merely passes the pain your feeling to those around you
there are people out there who can help ,there are medical solutions to most depression problems suicide is selfish, brave i admit, but ultimately selfish
rip gary speed no one youve left will

I've been a Samaritan for 9 years and agree with AW completely. Whatever the papers, his friends and even family say in the days to come nobody will ever know what was going on in his head at the time.

Steve, in my experience people who commit suicide are not even thinking about the people they leave behind not through selfishness but because their heads are in a different place due to mental infirmaty of one kind or another.

Having said that my heart goes out to his family and friends who have not only lost a great friend but will probably be wondering for a long time what they could have done to help him.

On a lighter note, congratulations Steve good news is always welcome.

Last edited:
i know this is a difficult time for his family and my thoughts go out to them. rip gary

In life there is no death .. in death there is no life ... Which do we choose given the option?

It is an extremely difficult decision when to choose death! It takes a great deal of 'courage' to end your life. It leaves a lot of un answered questions for those you leave behind!

Mr Speed had his reasons to leave this Earth! I pray God is with him and is comforting those who love him! *sigh*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Gary speed in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer...
Replies
Views
IS IT POSSIBLE TO ADJUST THIS MIXER UNIT? WE HAVE TO HAVE IT TURNED ALMOST FULLY ANTI CLOCKWISE TO GET HOT WATEROUT. THE FRONT PLATE WITH MIRA ON...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended...
Replies
Views
Morning to any Australians lurking around! Register its free, then message me, I'll sort your account out for you. We will need a moderator from...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock