Search the forum,

Discuss Garage Conversion in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

SMC

Hello and thank you for tacking the time to read my post.

I am in the process of converting a garage into a bathroom as the current bathroom is so small. I have the knowledge to run all the pipework however i do not have the knowledge to best design the way i run the wastes. I plan on having a toilet, basin, bath and separate shower. The soil stack is in pretty close proximity and is cast iron. The floor level is currently the same as the path outside however i will be raising this with timber to the depth of the regulated insulation board which i imagine will be 50-100mm.

I don't no how to get all the wastes into the soil stack at the height they all need to be inserted and the number of wastes there are.

I can replace soil stack with plastic if it makes connections easier.

Is there a way of running it all into the 1 soil stack or would i need to add a separate gully drain to take the 3 wastes?

I hope i am making myself clear as I'm not the greatest at explaining. I have drawn a small diagram to help with a visual. I appreciate any help.

Regards Shaun

Layout.png

Not wanting to put a dampener on things but I assume you realise that you probably need planning permission for a garage conversion. All work must be done to building regs and inspected at various stages, electrical work will need to be certified to be safe. Plus you need to abide by the rules governing water and waste.

Basin outlet will be higher than the others so just use a strap on boss for that as long as you can drill a hole in cast iron which you should be able to do with a bimetal holesaw and ordinaryl drill.

http://www.NoLinkingToThis/p/flopla...pq-QONPibSDkaMXk6q67fz99syaCM3LTKNhoC2dbw_wcB

I you're able I 'd cut out a whole section of the cast iron soil pipe replace it with a three boss plastic section for the remaining toilet, bath and shower. The bottom end of the fitting is attached to the cast iron soil pipe with a rubber coupling, the other end is push fit. Other couplings are available...

Center Branch | Plumb Center

Last edited:
Take all the cast down and replace with plastic you can leave 200 mm out the ground to get on to with a time saver coupling

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Garage Conversion in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock