Search the forum,

Discuss Garage Conversion in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

SMC

Hello and thank you for tacking the time to read my post.

I am in the process of converting a garage into a bathroom as the current bathroom is so small. I have the knowledge to run all the pipework however i do not have the knowledge to best design the way i run the wastes. I plan on having a toilet, basin, bath and separate shower. The soil stack is in pretty close proximity and is cast iron. The floor level is currently the same as the path outside however i will be raising this with timber to the depth of the regulated insulation board which i imagine will be 50-100mm.

I don't no how to get all the wastes into the soil stack at the height they all need to be inserted and the number of wastes there are.

I can replace soil stack with plastic if it makes connections easier.

Is there a way of running it all into the 1 soil stack or would i need to add a separate gully drain to take the 3 wastes?

I hope i am making myself clear as I'm not the greatest at explaining. I have drawn a small diagram to help with a visual. I appreciate any help.

Regards Shaun

Layout.png

Not wanting to put a dampener on things but I assume you realise that you probably need planning permission for a garage conversion. All work must be done to building regs and inspected at various stages, electrical work will need to be certified to be safe. Plus you need to abide by the rules governing water and waste.

Basin outlet will be higher than the others so just use a strap on boss for that as long as you can drill a hole in cast iron which you should be able to do with a bimetal holesaw and ordinaryl drill.

http://www.NoLinkingToThis/p/flopla...pq-QONPibSDkaMXk6q67fz99syaCM3LTKNhoC2dbw_wcB

I you're able I 'd cut out a whole section of the cast iron soil pipe replace it with a three boss plastic section for the remaining toilet, bath and shower. The bottom end of the fitting is attached to the cast iron soil pipe with a rubber coupling, the other end is push fit. Other couplings are available...

Center Branch | Plumb Center

Last edited:
Take all the cast down and replace with plastic you can leave 200 mm out the ground to get on to with a time saver coupling

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Garage Conversion in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi could anyone give advice please ? I went to look at a new build for sale they are apartments/ one house on top of another all properties will be privately owned by individual buyers, a guy on-site pointed out that the plumbing is wrong on the properties as a perspective buyer I’d like to know...
Replies
Views
H
Hi all I am just after a bit of advice. I'm buying a new house with a downstairs bathroom. I can not see a vent pipe on the outside of the property or an AAV in the loft. It's a terraced house, so thought maybe it shares the neighbours vent stack? It look like all the waste pipes go down...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have just moved the washing machine into the garage and it will not drain. I wonder if it's something to do with the way I have installed the waste? The washing machine is only a month old and was working fine this morning before re-positioned. I put an 1100mm hoorizontal run at around...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm wondering if this is allowed or will work in the UK. We currently have all our waste water connecting to a single vented stack. The pipes from the toilets etc connect to the vertical stack via a horizontal pipe as you would expect. I'm about to renew all the soil pipes. We have 2 entry...
Replies
Views
Hi Oracles of all things plumbing, I have to replace a cast iron soil stack which is simple enough, done a few up here in Scotland, however, client wants to retain the 3" toilet waste as he does not want an enlarged hole making in a newly rendered wall, which 110 to 75mm fitting is best? trying...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock